Chapter 5. Thanks Dream..

||^~Killer POV~^|

Me and Nightmare are sitting on the couch eating leftover Halloween candy. Nightmare took the sour ones and I took the sweet ones we had a shit ton of kids come to our door this year. Many more the last year actually. Dream invited us to a Halloween party, but he got sick and had to cancel. We had an awful 'scary' movie on it has lots of gore,Horror would like more than me. But Nightmare flinched when a gore part came on the screen, I have no idea why. He never flinched before when we did that stuff. I'm guessing trauma, I mean we all have trauma. But Nightmare must have way more than all of us. I feel bad for him so I just rub his arm and give him a smile when he starts to flinch at the senses, he calms down when I do this. So I continue to do it.

When the movie finished Nightmare let out a long deep sigh. His phone began to ring he looked at the caller ID. So I, being the noise Sans I am looked over to try and get a peek at who it was. It had yellow around it, so I'm guessing it was Dream? "I gotta answer this. Okay Kills?" He said as he got up from the couch and walked over to grab his coat. "Okay! Don't keep me waiting!" I say smiling. He put his shoes on and walked out the door. My phone got a buzz. I looked at the text someone sent me. Oh its Outer! 'Hey we haven't talked in a really long time. How have you been? Are you still living with Nightmare? Is he treating you right? Well anyways, answer when you can.' he sent me. " What a paragraph." I muttered. Why does everyone keep asking about Night? He's not a bad person..Just misunderstood. He usually really shy, and quiet. He reads a lot. He's really bashful as well. Its like hes a kid, yet he's a mature. How confusing..

||^~Nightmare POV~^|

I walked downstairs answering the call from my brother. "Hey Nighty!"Dream said cheerfully, I heard snickering in the background. "What did I say about the nickname?" I said my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. He just giggled. "So why did you call me now?" I asked. "Oh! Yes, did you get a person to come with me and Crossy- Cross?" He corrected himself. He already gave him a nickname? Ew. "Yeah Killer is going to be coming with me." I answered. A whistle came from the background, Dream shushed the person who im 98% sure is Cross. "That's wonderful brother!" He answer with his positive tone. "So when are we meeting mother?" I asked. "Oh like..Tomorrow? Hehe.." Dream said in a rushed tone. He always tells me things last second..This idiot. "I want to scream at you but I'm in public." I said in an annoyed tone. "I'M SORRY I FORGOT!" He said in a sad tone I could tell he was giving puppy dog eyes. "Alright where are we going to be meeting at now?" I said rubbing my sockets. "Oh! At Fancy restaurant name, I already got reservations." He said giggling. "Alright what time now?" I asked. "Uhh..Like 5:30PM? You should probably get going there at 4:30PM since its on the other side of the town." Dream said. "Alright, bye Dream." I said. "Bye Nighty!" He said and hung up before I could protest.

I'm kinda scared to meet mother after so many years..The last time we talked was when I was..Turning..What if she wants to disown me?! What if she only wants Dream?! What is she hates me?! What if she wants to kill me?! So many thoughts going on in my head, my head was spinning it hurts. I need an aspirin. I'm so nervous and embarrassed to meet my mother.. I need to stop thinking about it. I'll worry about it tomorrow..I walked back to my apartment. I was in our hallway, I saw some familiar maids and unfamiliar ones. I waved at them and they smiled. I knocked on me and Killers door for him to open it for me. I heard footsteps and a lock opening sound. He opened the door and I walked in and locked the door. "So what did your brother want?" He asked curiously. "How did you know It was Dream?" I asked. "I saw yellow and he's the only yellow one in your phone." He said smirking. I sighed and we sat on the couch. "He was telling me about when we have to meet my mother." As soon as i said mother he seemed more interested. "He told me we have to meet her tomorrow at fancy restaurant name, at 5:30PM..tomorrow." I said the last part kinda annoyed. Killer giggled when I said that last part. "He's irresponsible huh?" He said. "Kinda like you." I said smiling at him. He dramatically gasped and put his left hand over his soul. "How could you?! I feel so betrayed!" he said dramatically.I just rolled my eyes at him.

"You still have your jacket on, and your shoes." He pointed out. I walked by the front door and took them off and walked back to him and sat down beside him. "Should we pick out what we're going to wear tomorrow?" I asked. "Nah we got time." He said as he slouched on the couch. "No, we need to look nice for her." I said looking at him. "You stress to much Mare." He said as he closed his sockets. "Easy for you to say, I haven't seen my mom in around 200+ years! And the last time she saw me I was being corrupted! I nearly killed her when I was being corrupted..!" I said to him feeling hot tears about to fall from my eye sockets. He just looked at me sympathetically he hugged me and rubbed circles on my back. I felt small..very small..I hugged back. I got too emotional, way to emotional. I keeps saying sorry to him. He just kept rubbing circles on my back shushing me. After about 25 minuets of doing that we were laughing at killers dumb puns. We are not on the opposite side of the couch he was criss crossed while I was hugging my knees.

After another 10 minutes of laughing at dorky puns we strighted ourselves out. "So we should look for outfits now?" he said. I just nodded we both walking to our separate rooms. I found a dark purple dress shirt with a black tie with a crescent on the end of it. "Oh pleasing to my brand." I mumbled. I looked for some pants, I found a pair of black dress pants. Perfect, I have my outfit for tomorrow. I walked over to Killers room. I saw his floor now scattered with black sweatshirt shirts shorts and some other articles of clothing. How lovely. "I found some!" He said as he smiled at me. He held up a black pair of dress pants and a black dress shirt. I know he doesn't have a tie so ill have to lend him one. "Looks great, we better get some sleep now." I said. He nodded and walked along the messy floor and layed in his bed on his bed. I turned off his light and walked to my, much cleaner room. I put my clothes for tomorrow on my dresser. I took my headband (Crown) off and put it on my nightstand. I looked at my unwrinkled midnight blue cover with three silver pillows at the head of the bed. I layed down on the bed. And soon drifted off into my darkness room where I give nightmares for the night, I did that for the remainder of the night.

End of chapter 5.

I'm trying to make these chapters longer since I take a long time to update these. So its a tiny bit longer each time. I'm trying to get up to 2,000 words. But I only get up to around 1,000-1,300 words on each chapter so. Well anyways I hope you enjoyed! I will hopefully make a new chapter this weekend, because I wanna write it now. But no promises. well anyways have a good day,night, or evening. Dear reader!