3.

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take."

▪▪▪▪

I'm suddenly woken up from my nap when I hear certain noises from outside the door and then the doorknob turns.

"Come in babe. I wanna show you my room now." Comes a cute high pitched voice from the doorway and then enters my roommate Rebecca Knight.

She looks totally different then I imagined her to be. She is 5'5 and wears glasses just like Chris said but there's much more to her. She has a very lean body, and the glasses make her look cool rather than nerdy. The thing that catches my attention is the colour of her eyes which is light green and her hairs are platinum blonde.

She is adorning blue denim jeans and a red checkered shirt with sneakers and looks pretty.

Her eyes meet mine. "Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't wake you up did I?" She really is concerned. "Oh pardon me. Introductions first. I'm Rebecca Knight. And..." She reaches for the doorway and pulls something or rather someone in.

It's a boy who I'm positive is her boyfriend. They have matching shirts on for God's sake. The boy is average heighted. 5'9 at the most and has black hairs that reaches till below his ear, light stubble on his face and is muscular. Like really. He must spend a good part of his day in the gym.

But he overall looks kinda cool but totally opposite of Rebecca.

"Oh This is Lucas Norton. My boyfriend." She completes her line. Lucas gives me a sheepish hi which I reciprocate awkwardly.

She pauses and I guess it's my turn to say something. I get out of my blankets first and stand up. "Hey, hi. I'm Elena. Well full name is Eleanor Lovisa Bennett but people don't call me that for obvious reasons."

"Oh It's so nice to meet you." Rebecca lunges forward and hugs me. I am surprised for a moment before I hug her too.

Lucas chuckles behind us.

"Well you ladies have some quality time together, I'll catch up with my bud." Lucas says. "See you later."

"Oh you're talking as if you're going miles away. Your room is right next to ours." She then turns to me. "Isn't that great? I mean it was a total coincidence."

"Okay wait wait wait, your room is next to ours?" I ask Lucas. I mentally congratulate myself to say it without stuttering.

Lucas nods. "Last I checked."

"So.. is your bud possibly Kai Swan?" I enquire.

His face lights up with a smile. "Yes. You know him?" He asks back.

"Oh god." I say under my breath.

"Oh Isn't this soo fun! His room his right next to mine and his roommate is such a great guy. And you are too. Oh We could all totally go for outings together!" She says excitedly. I notice she says 'oh' a heck lot of times.

I freeze. Kai and great? You kidding?

"Hey why don't we all go out for dinner tonight. You know get to know each other better. Bond." Lucas suggests.

I freeze once again. "I.. I don't think that's a nice.."

"Oh yes. That's a great idea babe. Please, Elena, it will be good." She makes a cute puppy dog face which makes me laugh.

"Okay fine. I don't have anything else to do anyway." Please let this be good god.

------------------------------------

After Lucas left, Becca, as she told me to call her, and I talk about a lot of things. She and Lucas both are from Texas. That would explain the tan. And she has been outdoorsy her entire life.

She lives with her parents and brother. Or used to. She choose chemistry because of perfumes. She loves fragrances and likes to create scented candles and perfumes and mists and all.

She and Lucas have been together since junior year of high school, he was in senior year that time. And then he came here on football scholarship and Rebecca joined it too.

It's kinda like my reason. I came after my sister and she after her boyfriend.

Mostly she does all the talking with me listening. She learns that I am a psychology major which amazes her more than I think it should've.

I help her arrange her stuff.

Then the time comes to get ready for dinner. I choose a purple one piece which stops above my knees and has a sweetheart neckline. I pair it with silver heeled boots. Purple because of unsurity.

Rebecca glances at my closet while putting on her red heels. She is wearing a black box pleated short skirt with a red top.

"Woah. You have got awesome clothes in here. You must be loaded." She comments.

I shake my head. "I have two elder sisters and a younger one. We all are almost the same size. Some are stolen from them some my mom bought me and the rest I bought with my own money."

She nods, impressed. "Oh would you let me borrow them sometimes?"

"Sure." I answer and she smiles her adorable smile. I totally see why Lucas loves her so much. She is a really refreshing girl.

We put on some makeup and leave the room. While I lock the door, Becca summons Lucas.. and Kai.

We all then walk out of the dorm. Becca and Lucas in front of us, walking hand in hand and Kai and I behind them facing away from each other. Me because he makes me feel uncomfortable and him because he is mad at me.

The boys bring out the car while we wait. When the brand new Jaguar comes into view I blow out a low whistle.

"Your boyfriend is loaded!" I whisper in Becca's ear.

She shakes her head. "It's Kai's car."