10.

"The only limits for tomorrow are the  doubts we have today."

••••

I follow her when she storms out of the cafeteria. My goodness did she take me by surprise. The kick was so unexpected. Lucas and I were prepared to fight for her but we didn't get a chance.

And she changed her clothes to red which, not hard to guess, means anger. I sigh. I really messed up this morning. But how will I make her at ease when I have no idea what is that thing that makes her different expect for her awkwardness towards guys.

She will have to tell me if she wants me to understand.

She is jogging now. She couldn't be running away from me, could she?

But as I jog to catch up with her, I notice her slowing down. Then she stops and the next second she is on the ground. 

People start forming a crowd beside her. I push them aside. "Elena!" I shout as I kneel down beside her. Her eyes are closed and she is not moving.

But her breathing is even. It's almost like.. like she's asleep. I pick her up and take her to the dorm. Because I don't have the key to their room presently, I bring her inside my room and lay her on the bed.

I clutch my hairs and pace around. Chris. Chris would know what to do.

I call her immediately.

"Hey Kai, what's up?" She asked in her always cheerful voice.

"It's Elena, Chris. She... she fainted on the side walk. I was just going to call for an ambulance but I thought I should call you first and..."

"No don't call the ambulance. Don't even call the infirmary nurse." She cuts me.

"What? Why? She's obviously sick and.."

"She is just asleep Kai. Just let her sleep. She'll wake up on her own after some time."

"What are you taking about? How can someone just fall asleep on the sidewalk. Christina why are you lying?" I snap. Why isn't she letting me get her some help?

"Kai. I know my sister way better than you do. She.. she suffers from Narcolepsy. Now I don't have time to explain what it is. Just look it up. Then you'll understand." She sighs. "I'll be there as soon as I can but stay with her till then. She is sure gonna freak out when she wakes up."

"I'll take care of her." I look at her innocent sleeping face. "I promise."

---------------------------------------

I wake up with a start. No. No it was not real. It was just a nightmare. It was not real.

When my eyes adjust to the light, I notice I am not alone in the room. Kai's room. There is Becca, Lucas, Kai and Chris.

"No. No!" I freak out.

Chris comes forward and sits beside me. "Elena. Elena it's okay. Nothing happened to you. You're okay." She cups my face.

"I fell asleep on the sidewalk, didn't I?" I ask her.

She stays silent.

"Tell me Christina!" I shout.

"You did." It's Kai who answers.

He is very calm. Like he knows what's wrong. Like he knows everything.

"You told them didn't you?" I ask her in an accusing tone. "You told them everything."

Becca comes forward. "Elena this is something you should've told us weeks ago. We would've been more careful and alert. We would've helped you better."

"This is exactly why I didn't tell you. Why don't you all get it? I don't like being treated as if I'm weak. That pity in your eyes.. I hate it. I don't need help!" I shout.

That's when I feel it. The thing I dread the most in the world. I start losing control over my muscles. I am having a cataplexy attack.

"Chris..." I call out weakly before my muscles give out completely.

I watch as Chris notice what's happening with me. I lie there like a dead body with eyes open while Chris starts crying. "Elena... I'm right here.. you'll be okay." She covers her mouth with her hands to supress her loud sobs.

Everyone gets on alert mode. Kai looks scared when he sees me. "What is happening? Why is she not moving? Why is she not talking?" He asks one after the other.

"Cataplexy attack.." Chris says between her sobs. "She cannot move.. or talk but she can.. listen to everything and.. see everything. She has lost control.. over her muscles." She explains.

Becca's eyes water. "How long will it last?" It's painful lying here and watching them cry for me because of worry.

"There is no specific time period. Most of the time for two minutes or so."

They wait patiently as I wait for this to get over. Soon I start feeling sensations. Control over myself is returned to me by my brain.

With a loud gasp, I sit. Chris smiles and more tears roll down her cheeks. She hugs me tightly and cries some more.

Becca joins us and sheds a few tears. Kai is next to get involved in the group hug.

"Don't forget me." Lucas says from the corner before diving in.