21.

"When our cold hands interwined and made each other warm.. that was the moment I knew."

▪▪▪▪

"Becca!" I call her for the hundredth time. She groans and turns her back on me. "Just tell me what to wear and then you can go back to sleep. I won't bother you again I promise." 

"It's your first date.." Half of her words are muffled because of the pillow. Figuring out what she is saying is like decoding the morse code. "..something attractive.. for a good first impression.. sexy.." Is she herself aware of what she is saying?

"Got it. Go back to sleep."

She gladly complies and goes back to her dream world.

I search for the sexiest outfit in my closet. After much consideration I settle for a maroon tube top and hot pants. The shorts are so short that I have to wear safety shorts underneath.

You ready?

Kai texts while I am putting on my heels. It brings a smile on my face which I shake off quickly. What is happening to me? I have never been so expressive.

Kai is waiting out of the door. His smile is so bright, it lights up the entire corridor. Or maybe that's just me.

But then his smile morphs into shock as he scans me.

Two guys passing us in the corridor give me a sly side look and whistle.

"Landed yourself a hot one didn't you." One of them says to Kai slapping his back.

"Looks fun." Says the other one.

Kai is quick to cover me. I notice he is purposely not looking at me. When the guy are way down the corridor, he pushes me back inside the room and gets in himself.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" He asks, still not looking at me.

"Do I look so bad?" My forlorn tone is very hard to ignore. I lower my head, my heart sinking. "You won't even look at me."

"What? No. Elena.." He cups my face and lifts it up. His breathtaking eyes search for something in my eyes. "..you look.. you look so hot that it's hard to see you."

"Isn't this what a girlfriend should wear? Becca told me to dress.. good." I accept a little shamefully. I'm so stupid.

Kai bursts into laughter. "I was wondering when something like this would happen. But this soon?" He laughs again.

I sulk and turn my back on him.

He hugs me from behind which makes my eyes pop and body freeze for a good few seconds. He kisses the side of my head on top of that. I can't help but smile. "You look good in everything Elena."

This simple line fills me up with so much warmth.

"You guys..." Becca's groggy voice makes me jump away from him. She is now up and sitting on her bed. Her eyes pop out of her skull when she looks at me. "What the hell are you wearing?"

I cover my face. "Not you too."

------------------------------------

We reach the amusement park. "Excited for your first date?" He asks as he parks the car.

"Definitely." We remove our seat belts. Then I remember my bucket list. "Wait. Wait. Wait." I say before he opens his door.

He is confused. "Is something wrong?"

"Just wait." I say with a big smile on my face.

I quickly get out of the car and move to his side. Then I open his door. His reaction is priceless. His mouth remains open.

"Get off."

He defreezes and gets out of the car. I put a hand over his head to protect it.

"Did you like it?" I ask, linking hands with him.

His smile finds his way back on his face and he suddenly lifts me up and spins me around. I giggle while people stare at us. Some smiling some dismaying.

"This is going to be fun." He says as he puts me down.

Getting inside the amusement park, we enter a different vibe. A happy vibe. I should come here more often.

"Giant wheel. We are getting on it the first thing." I tell and pull him with me.

I think I felt his hand stiffen.

We get in the line and in no time, we are getting inside a cabin. I bounce up and down with excitement when the giant wheel starts to move.

When we get closer to the top, Kai's hand drops stone cold on mine. I finally notice how statue like he is sitting, his eyes shut tight.

"Kai.. are you alright?"

He nods stiffly.

"You're clearly not." I lean forward and pull him in a hug.

He gladly accepts the hug and burries his face in my shoulder. I smile. He is such a baby sometimes.

"Why did you not tell that you're afraid of heights?" I ask.

"I.. it seemed uncool." He answers.

"Kaito.." I chastise.

The entire ride he clings on to me and finally breathes comfortably when we get off.

"Promise me you'll tell me if you don't like something... anything. We shouldn't be uncomfortable around each other." I say to him.

"Promise." He replies.

We talk and wander around for some while, enjoying some rides which won't trigger his fear of heights.

"How's your first date going so far?" He asks after a while when we are eating our icecreams.

"It's fun. At first I was stressing a lot about the relationship stuff. I've never been so clueless. But now.. I feel it isn't all that different from friendship."

"It is different." He says jumping in front of me.

"How?"

"Because now I can do this.." He gives my lips a peck. ".. and this.." He kisses my cheek. "..and this.." He kisses the tip of my nose. ".. and finally this.."

This time it isn't those cute, sweet kisses. It's long and deep one.. something I wish to do everyday for the rest of my life.

His big hands coil tightly around my waist. And I cup his cheek, my other hand holding the icecream.

We finally separate when the icecream starts dripping onto my hand.

While I try to gobble up my icecream, he casually rests his hands on the small of my back and stares at me.

"What are you thinking right now?" I ask when I finish my icecream.

"That you are so gorgeously small. I mean my hand is literally the size of your waist." He grins as he says this.

"Well not my fault that you are gigantic." I fake offense.

"Don't be mad." He knows full well I'm not mad. I play along. "What do I need to do to repay?"

"A piggyback ride." I squeal. I've been wanting to do this ever since we came here.

"That simple?" He crouches down. "Get on."

I happily get on his back and he lifts me up.

"Where to princess?"

"Off to the hot dog cart!"

And he jogs off to the cart with me on his back. Laughing. Enjoying. And for the first time in forever.. not analysing and over thinking.