29.

If you can't erase it, you just need to cover it with something better.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Oh, I forgot to tell, we ran into Acel and his girlfriend in the supermarket." Lucas says when we all settle down for lunch.

"Who is this?" I ask them.

"He lives four blocks down. Lucas, me and him and two or three more people from the neighborhood used to hang out sometimes during summers. I didnt think they would be here at this time of the year." Kai tells.

"Yeah they came for the weekend like us with some friends. They invited us over for a party tonight." Becca says.

"Party!?" Kai and I exclaim together.

On one hand, all the dancing and games make me want to go but after what all happened last night... what we both went through... I dont think it's a good idea.

"You three can go. I'll just.. fulfill every reader's fantasy which relaxing on the beach and reading a good book. It honestly sounds much better." I say.

Becca seems like she wants to argue with this but she stops herself. Lucas just nods with a serious expression on his face. Kai seems to be thinking.

"No. You'll also come with us. Why shouldn't I show off my gorgeous girlfriend?" He turns flirty but I dont know if he means it.

"Kai. Its alright. I know its not good for me to go."

He shakes his head. "Elena, I was a jerk last time. But I've realized that you have every right to enjoy your life as a college girl. Ofcourse you have to steer clear of alcohol but that doesn't mean you can't attend parties. We should enjoy them together."

He makes me fall deeper everytime he says such heartwarming things. This boy will be the death of me.

"Also, there wont be many people anyway. His campus is not really close." Lucas inserts.

"Okay then. We are all going together!" Becca says excitedly.

------------------------------------

In the evening we reach the destination. Lucas was right and to my relief there were not that many people. Approximately 14 when we enter.

A tall, dark complexioned and quite handsome guy who I assume is Acel comes to us and does that bro hug thing with Lucas and Kai.

"Long time bro!" He remarks excitedly. The genuine smile makes me presume that he is a nice guy. His girlfriend, Allie, follows him and greets us.

While Lucas, Kai and Acel catch up with one another, Allie introduces us to her friends. Its astonishing how we all are in a relationship.

Back in high school, I was one of the few girls who wasn't in a relationship. And I kinda enjoyed. All the gossip and gushing that happened between committed girls was honestly too much to handle. Never knew one day I would join the crew.

Cocktails and punch are passed around but I maturely reject them. Kai sees me doing this and gives me a thumbs up.

Some girls complain about their inattentive boyfriends while others praise theirs. I was just about to excuse myself from all this cringy talk when one girl says, "Hey why don't we play some games. The party is getting dull anyway."

Some games are suggested and the hopeless romantic Allie excitedly agrees with all. I find it all stupid. I mean, we are not high school kids.

Turns out that Acel is also as big of a romanticist as Allie if not more. And the boys agree more readily then I thought they would.