5.

"Old that is gold does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

▪▪▪▪

A week later

"Yes mom I've been taking my medicines and have been following my diet and sleeping as per the schedule Dr. Roberts gave." I answer her hundred questions with one answer.

"My turn now." It's Jenny's voice. I'm pretty sure she snatched the phone from mom's hand. "Hey sis. How's college going? Found some hottie yet?"

My thoughts immediately go to Kai without my permission and I mentally slap myself for it. What am I even thinking?

"What? No. You tell me. How's high school?" I divert attention from myself.

Jenny eats my ear all the way to the dorm. She tells about this cute guy who she thinks likes her and how she has made a ton of friends already and that it's all working out well for her.

I knew it would. Jenny is the kind of person who fits in anywhere. She has got this strange charm that lures people towards her. And her confidence is as high as Mount Everest.

Upon reaching my room, I tell her to stop for the day and promise to continue tomorrow. She agrees and ends the line. I dig my hand into the bag to retrieve the keys.

Oh my god! Oh no. I had my keys in hand during breakfast and I don't remember keeping it in bag afterwards.

I jog to the cafeteria and search for it there with no luck. Finally I come back and call Becca. She tells me she is in class and it would take her some time to come.

I sigh and sit on the floor, my back against the door.

I could've gone to Gemma's place or Anna's or any one's of the many friends I've made but none of them live in this dorm and the nearest dorm is a kilometer away. And I don't think I will able to reach there before falling asleep on the way.

Chris would be in class too.

My eyes become heavy. I don't even have any damn medicine in this bag. Please god. I don't want to fall asleep here.

It seems as if god hears my prayers. Footsteps approach me. I look up and find Kai towering over me.

"What are you doing outside of your room?" He asks.

I get up using the door as support. It doesn't take long for Kai to notice my unease.

"Misplaced.. the keys. Can I lie down for.. sometime in your room?" I almost beg. My eyelids are getting heavier.

He nods furiously. "Ofcourse. One sec." He takes the keys out of his pocket and opens his room.

I enter behind him and my eyes go straight to the two beds. "Which one?" I ask.

He points at the one on the right. I remove my shoes and lie down on the bed. Kai covers me with blankets.

"Do you need anything else?" He asks politely.

"I just.. need some sleep.." I answer before my system shuts down.

---------------------------------------