19.

Tough love is real love because it hurts the giver more than the receiver.

••••

It's been two weeks and Kai is still not talking to me.

We see each other a number of times a day- afterall we share a dorm- and that makes his silent treatment even harder for me.

The only interaction we have is when he gives me my medicines but that is a wordless interaction so I don't think it counts. I try to get him to talk to me but no luck.

Even Becca and Lucas are on his side. They don't ignore me like he does but they are very clearly upset about what happened.

I had a lot of time to think over my decision. Everytime I do my sisters's and mom's careful and always-on-their-toes-around-me face pops up in my mind.

I don't want Kai to take the burden of having a dysfunctional girl as his girlfriend. I don't want him to worry about me more than already does. It's not fair to him and I shouldn't be selfish here.

But there are times when his words hits me hard. I want to kiss you.. I want to tell everyone that Eleanor Lovisa Bennett is my girlfriend...

I shake them off and focus my attention back to my books.

The door open and without turning I know it's Kai. It's medicine time.

He storms in and hands me my pills and storms back out. Enough is enough. I'm not having his silent treatment anymore.

I follow him out with irritation when I collide into someone. The person grabs my arms to steady me.

It's a he. He is tall. That's the first thing I notice. He smiles a very gorgeous smile at me.

I instinctively hop back and out of his grip. I hope it didn't seem rude.

"Elena meet my brother!" Becca shouts in my ear. Was she with him? Even if she was I didn't see her.

"Theodore Knight." He extends a hand.

I take it. "Eleanor Lovisa Bennett. Pretty long name I know. Father's to blame. But I'm stuck with it. Now why am I saying all this..."

"Elena stop." Becca says.

"...You're right." I say and shut my mouth.

"She's a bit awkward around boys." Becca tells her brother casually.

Theodore laughs a little. "It's cute."

"Let's go in." Becca says and we three go inside our room.

But before we do I catch a glimpse of Kai glaring at us.

"Wait for me here, I'll go bring mom. She wanted to look around the campus, I'm scared she might get lost." With this she hurries out of the room.

It gets awkward between me and Theodore as soon as Becca leaves. He looks around the room while I look at him.

He has the same light green eyes as Becca and dark blonde hairs. The plain black tshirt and ripped jeans makes him look really really cool. Becca never told me his brother was this handsome.

"You have any siblings?" He asks me suddenly, sitting on Becca's bed.

"Yeah.. I have three sisters. Two older one younger." I answer.

He seems amused. I get that reaction a lot.

"There must not be a lot of difference between you and Becca." I try to start a conversation.