Chapter 3: A Driver Full of Sunshine

After I finish taking my Intro to Calculus class at Bangtan University, I exit the classroom, hugging my textbook close to my chest. I can see that some of the girls around me are pointing and staring at me, and I'm still quite conscious about that. I'm not bulletproof.

I walk out to the sidewalk to look for my Uber ride back to my new home. Instead, there's a large crowd of students oohing and aahing at something. I force my way through the crowd of people to come face to face with a bright red Corvette Stingray. The person driving turns around and smiles at the crowd, and everyone around me puts an arm over their eyes so they don't go blind from how bright the person's smile is.

"Hey, Y/N. I'm Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi. I'm gonna drive you home from school from now on!"

My mouth falls open at the beautiful man in front of me, with his 90 degree jawline and his smile that outshines the sun. His wavy auburn hair fell perfectly around his tanned forehead, which was also sporting a pair of shiny black Ray Bans. He wore a Supreme bomber, an Off-White shirt, an Off-White belt, ripped blue jeans, and Nike Air Jordans that perfectly fit his huge feet (wink wonk). His stereo is blasting Mo Bamba. I look at the ground as to not attract attention to myself, but I can still feel the dozens of eyes drilling into my back as I get into the passenger's seat.

Hobi turns in my direction and flashes a brilliant grin that reminds me of sparkling Edward in Twilight.

"Let's go, Y/N. I don't want to interrupt these people's day any longer."

He pushes on the accelerator and we pull out of the university parking lot.

"Are you hungry for some Jack-in-the-Box? I'll pay for you!"

"Y-yeah t-that'd be great," I stutter. I'm not used to being treated like this. I prefer to sit and brood in the back of an Uber while my headphones blasted obscure 80s music that nobody listens to any more because, as you know, I'm not like the other gorls. But I have to admit that feeling the wind blow through my hair as Hobi pulls into a drive-thru and orders two burgers while "I'm the One" by DJ Khaled plays on the stereo is a nice feeling. Hobi takes the takeout package and sets it on the back seat, then looks at me as he bops his head to the beat.

"This song is so lit!" He exclaims as he reaches for a fry from the box that we were sharing. I was already picking a fry, and his hand brushes against mine. Fireworks shoot through my hand all the way to my heart. I let out a squeak and quickly shove my fry into my mouth. Blushing furiously, I look at the scenery passing by as I trace the place where our skin had touched.

I suddenly feel another jolt of electricity shoot through my body and I flinch, startled. I look down and see that Hobi has placed his hand on my knee. I look up at him for some sort of explanation. He smiles at me and winks.

"Relax, Y/N. I'm just your friendly neighborhood chauffeur."

*Time skip*

We pull up to the apartment minutes later. I still can't believe it's all mine!

"Watch this," Hobi smirks and takes one hand off the wheel, attempting to parallel park in the small space in front of the building. He hits the curb and frowns slightly before pulling forward and trying again. My finely plucked eyebrows raise higher and higher on my forehead as he continues to try to park. I feel like they're going to fly off my head. Hobi looks so cool while parking, but he kind of sucks at it. The way his biceps grip as his hold on the wheel tightens at every failed attempt. It's pretty hot. At least I'm enjoying the view!

15 minutes later we finally finish parking and he grins at me sheepishly. "I'm still working on that."

"No oppar! That was jinjja cool!" I smile and he does the same.

"I have some errands to run today, so I won't see you until later, Y/N." Hobi pouts a bit. "Have fun with the others?"

"If you say so, oppar." I respond, skipping out of his sleek sports car.