Chapter 19: Food for Thought

As I walk into the kitchen, I twirl around in circles, hugging my arms into me as a spin and squeal, letting out all of the emotions from the Night. I can't believe that I would ever get to touch Jungkokhok's talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique lips again. And his... boy's thingy. I've never seen one, besides my dad's when i was three years old before he died and left me with a pair of Gucci slippers in his will.

But then, as I get to the actual kitchen part of the kitchen, I spin too quickly and jam my tumtum into the corner of the kitchen island. I guffaw, nearly choking on my tongue.

That is when I notice Namjoon sitting on a bar stool on the opposite side of the kitchen island, who didn't even notice my accident. He's too fixated on the thicc novel in his hand and the bowl of celery in front of him. As he flips to the next page, he picks up another long celery and puts it in his mouth, cronching it loudly as his teeth make direct contact with the crisp stemmy vegetable.

I take a deep breath to conduct myself, and strut across the kitchen to get to Namjoon. I then lean down on the marble counter, elbow braced against it as I prop my chin on my hand. I watch Namjoon bite his celery again, and the C R O N C H I N G continues to permeate through the air.

I clear my throat to get his attention.

"Oo Hello Y/N." Namjoon drops his book a little bit so he can see me awkwardly posing halfway on the countertop. He waves his hand towards me to sit down, so I take a seat on a stool.

"You know, there is a crispness about celery that is of the essence of October. It is as fresh and clean as a rainy day after a spell of heat. It crackles pleasantly in the mouth," Namjoon blurts suddenly. I stare at him, confused. Is he talking about a... celery???

"Moreover, it is excellent, I am told, for the complexion. One is always hearing of things which are good for the complexion, but there is no doubt that celery stands high on the list," he continues. I nod in agreement. I've read good things about celery for the skin on the Internet. "After the burns and freckles of summer one is in need of something. How good that celery should be there at one's elbow," the spectacled boy muttered.

Confused, I sexily slink my way over to him to absorb the information coming from his smart mouth. Maybe if I stand close enough to him his brain cells would diffuse into my head through osmosis.

"Is the celery really that good?" I ask, my thin white fingers picking up a piece of cheese from a bowl that was right next to the celery. Its slightly sticky yet smooth surface nearly caused me to drop the finely cut square of organic goodness.

Namjoon does not respond, and instead just stares philosophically at his green vegetables. His stare is so intense! I wish he stared at me like that. Actually no, I don't, because that would make me forget all about Cookie oppar.

He continues chomping on his celery, pure bliss displayed on his face as he closes his eyes in pleasure. Wow, the celery must be really tasty! I reach over and take one from his plate, crunching on the crisp end.

"MY PRIVATE CELERY FOR WHICH I OWED!!!"Namjoon roars in anger. The half-chewed bit of celery drops out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you didn't want to share!!" I respond shakily.

He continues, "Foolishly—you know how one does—I had left the sweetest and crispest shoots till the last, tantalizing myself pleasantly with the thought of them!"He lets out a howl of distress and slams his head against the table. At this point, I'm less scared and more concerned for his 9000-IQ brain. "Horror! to see them snatched from me by a stranger," he wails sadly.

I pat his back, trying to comfort him. I think it's working because he seems a bit calmer now. "I'm so sorry for taking your celery, I should've asked beforehand."

"Of what good is an apology in such circumstances?" he inquires morosely. At this point I think he is about to cry. I take a glance at the book that he was reading, now cast aside on the counter. The cover reads "BARRON'S: The Leader In Test Preparation, AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION." I turn over the book and see the page open on a long essay. I start to read it and realize that he was quoting the essay in one of the practice tests. Namjoon clears his throat and wipes away his tears.

"Sorry about that, I was astral projecting into A. A. Milne. This essay is his second best work, after Winnie the Pooh. Classic American literature is best experienced through reenactment, so that's what I was doing!" He happily pops another piece of celery into his mouth and offers me a piece. I decline respectfully. I fidget with the aglets of my Supreme sweatshirt when I gasp in realization.

"Oh my god! I never gave Yogndhiiu his dress back from the party!"

"Oh, I just saw him in his room earlier! You can go right now, I don't think he's doing anything," replies Namjoon, mouth full of crunchy root. "But you might want to bring him some food. He doesn't eat and I'm worried about him seeing as all he does is the do and a man needs to keep his stamina up."

That sounds like a good idea! Maybe I can get him to stop more of his bad habits! I think because sometimes my brain comes up with genius ideas like that. Unfortunately it's never in math class.

I stalk (haha celery stalk) over to the fridge, expecting to find it full of goodies that Sockgin whipped up. My eyes became dinner plates when I saw that there was nothing in it except a singular, plain cheesecake with a very small bite in it. I wonder if a rat ate it. Maybe the rat made it! Maybe Sockengi is controlled by remy the rat.

I shake myself out of my trance and pick up the cheesecake, delicately balancing in my hands as I sexily sprint up the stairs to my room to obtain the dress. After grabbing the red cloth from the floor and not dropping the cheesecake, I roam about the hallways. Why are there so many rooms???? A door with a dainty sign saying GENIUS LAB DO NOT ENTER pops up. This must be Yognusy oppar's room!! I swing open the unlocked door and gasp.