1

Ember's Pov 

I was sitting in the car waiting for Devan. It was 6:00 and we were going to be leaving for a Halloween party. However, Devan wouldn't get out of the house fast enough. My leg bounced as I grew impatient. I turned on the radio and shuffled my new playlist. The song Shower by Becky G came on. Another five minutes went by and got irritated. I swung open the door to the car and stormed inside.

"Devan Key I swear... hurry up!" I screamed as I came inside "Hold up just a second!" He replied"Devan seriously," I said walking into the bathroom seeing him still messing with his hair.I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I walked over to him and brushed his hair slightly to the side. "There you go doofus," I laughed He smirked at me. I looked over at the mirror to be positive I still looked okay. Devan must have noticed my self-consciousness. "Emmy you look great, don't worry.""I know I know, it's just..." "Ember, listen. Ther isn't a need to worry. Plus, how many people at that party are going to be a big blue kitty and a boo?"I giggled at his statement. I was wearing a giant long pink shirt and spandex underneath and i paired it with my black high top vans. I also threw my hair into two low pigtails. I also made Devan wear a Sully onesie because A) I wanted to see him wear a onesie and...B) I know that I will be able to wear it afterward.

So, therefore, it's a win for me. We started to walk out to his car but he swung his hand down fast and grabbed my hand interlacing our fingers.

"Next year if you take this long again..." I said while putting my seat belt on "...I'll make you wear a flower costume and I'll be a bumblebee," He just rolled his eyes with a slight laugh while he turned the key in the ignition.

(A little teaser for you all (; the full book comes out November 28th! stay tunned!)