5

Ember's pov

I sat in the dressing room alone. The room had natural lighting and was clean. The marble vanity was in front of me. I stared at my reflection. No one was hear. My mom didn't come and neither did my sister Chloe. I wanted to cry. But it was my wedding day. I couldn't. Just then a knock came to the door. I jumped slightly and the door opened. I looked at the door from the mirror and saw that Devan's mom came in.

"Oh honey, where is everyone?" She asked

"They... they didn't show," I told her

"Here," she said coming closer to me and resting her hands on my shoulders, "I'll help you,"

She also left the room for a second and in came a girl. She had tan skin and brown hair. She was a little shorter than I was.

"Ember this is Carly," She introduced me

She shyly waved and smiled

Devan's mom walked over to a rack and grabbed my dress. It was extremely pretty. It was a little above knee length in re front and the back swooped down to my ankles. It had a silk layer and over top was a lace design. It had sleeves that came to my wrists. Carly helped me put it on. They both helped me get ready and it was fun. While Anna (Devan's mom) was finishing my hair I looked over at Carly who was on her phone.

"Hey Carly," I said

"Yeah?"

"Since all of mine bailed on me... wanna be my bridesmaid?"

"Oh my goodness for real?!" She asked excitedly

I nodded and pointed to the dresses. She grabbed one and slipped it on. She grabbed the matching shoes and finished getting ready. I finally was ready and made a new friend. When I looked at myself in the mirror I smiled. I looked extremely pretty. I finally topped it off with a necklace. It didn't have much length but it was what my aunt wore for her wedding. She gave it to me and told me to wear it on mine. She died a few years before I met Devan. She would have liked him. The single jewel necklace was special to me. I as finally ready. The only thing that was missing was my dad. He promised to be here. He never showed. I stepped into the doorway and before I could count to five the doors opened and people turned to look at me. There was a small pathway that was lined with full flowers and not just petals. When I looked up I saw Devan staring at me. The sparkle in his eyes were brighter than ever. And at that moment I knew that I was moments away from marring the love of my life.

No Longer Next DoorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara