2

Ember's Pov

We walk into Collin's new place and see a bunch of people dressed up. Music was blaring and there were party lights flashing. somehow Collins managed to get a good fog machine and had low fog rolling. There were drinks everywhere and some were already drunk. With Devan being 21 he can legally drink now but I'm still only 20. therefore, I cannot. Devan and I walked around the house until we found Collins.

"Heyyy you made it," Collins said excitedly

"Yeah!" I exclaimed "we wouldn't have made it if I didn't drag Devan out of the bathroom,"

"Hey! I didn't take that long," Devan whined

Collins and I both laughed at that

We separated our ways and walked around the house and stopping for Devan to say hi to people. Soon enough we made our way back downstairs. The sound of glass smashing and gasps caught our attention. There was a fight. Devan pushed me back with his arm then went with Collins to break up the fight. Both of the fighters were obviously drunk. The blonde elbowed Devan in the nose to get out of his grip but it didn't bother him. He held him back until he was outside. When the redhead was outside Devan let go of the blonde and got squared in the jaw. Devan refuses to hit back. He wasn't one of violence. He would only hurt someone if it involved me.

The blonde again hit Devan across the face leaving a scratch with his ring. Devan pushed the blonde off of him and he fell to the floor. The blonde lied on the ground passed out. I then took Devan upstairs to the bathroom to clean him off. I took a sterile wipe and rubbed it across the open cut on his face. I wiped the blood away form his face and cleaned it. He winched at the stinging from the wipe. I kept rubbing the blood away from the cut and then grabbed a band-aid and put it across his face. I looked away from the cut and to his eyes. He was sitting on the sink counter. I was standing inbetween his legs. When he noticed hat I was staring at him I quickly looked away. I tried to distract myself. I grabbed my hand and twisted my engagement ring around on my finger. It was a stunning ring. It was silver and had a single rock ontop.

"You okay?" He asked me while grabbing my hand

"Yeah,i'm... fine,"

"Ember, you wouldn't saythat if you wern't. what's wrong?"

"It's just..." I started

"Nervous?" He finshed my sentence with a small side smile

"... yeah,"

"Don't worry... I am too. Trust me I truely am but guess what?

"What?"

"I don't have to be worried because I'm marring not only the love of my life but also my best friend." He smiled while looking down at me

I giggled at him "And so am I,"

"Vos es meus, et te amo dork" Devan said as he swiped his figer across my nose.

I scrunched my nose and he laughed and kissed my fore head

"What'd you say?" I ask

"I'll tell you sometime... It's latin," He winked

He took my hand and we went outside to where the party was. We ended up saying bye to Collins and we went back to his apartment.