五(5)Tested Pt.2

The hidden light in the mountains announced the slumber of the day. Though not as hot as the morning or the afternoon, the sun still brushed the skies with its rays of warmth and kissed their skin.

"I can't breathe." Tenten was currently caught in a tight embrace with her sensei. His arms were tightly wrapped around his students. Her cheeks brushed the jacket of her teacher, a red hue on her cheeks.

And lacking oxygen from the tight squeeze.

"Haa!", the older male cried out. "I'm so proud of you all!"  Guy had a wide grin on his lips as tears poured like an overflowed river down his cheeks. Lee cried along in glee while Neji wasn't too fond of this type of affection.

They had just finished their test. It was much difficult then they had predicted. There was barely even a scratch on this man due to the fact that he was much faster. Their teacher didn't hold back.

In conclusion, these little genins couldn't beat a jounin with years of experience on the battlefield.

Guy wanted to see more, to see what they strive for and why they wanted.
He wanted to judge how badly they desired to reach for their goal. He wanted to push them a little more even though it seemed hopeless.

Despite the obvious gap in their power level, they kept trying, they kept fighting, they kept going.

They didn't give up.

And that was all they needed to allow them to pass. This lightens the weight that was on their shoulders.

Now, they were official genins and pupils of Guy.

Guy released his students from his tight hug. The brunette took a big gulp of air to breathe again.

Tenten grabbed her bottle sipped her water from it. The refreshing and cool liquid made her sigh, relaxing her tense body. Then, she got up from the wooden stump to stretch her sore muscles. The boys close by taking a break from the test that just occurred. Well almost everyone relaxed, Lee kept doing a few sit-ups while Guy kept encouraging him.

Nearby was Neji. He leaned on a tree, arms crossed as his mind remained in tranquillity. His eyes were closed as he relaxed. Moments later, after their break, they gathered once more. Their teacher stood in front of them, fist on his hips while the genins stood side by side.

"Alright!" The older male shouted,  "Tomorrow will be the start of your training. Be there bright and early."

His three genins nodded.

"Understood Guy-sensei." Lee responded.

The jōnin gave them one last grin and disappeared in a puff of smoke from their sight. They each started to head back to their respective homes.

As she walked home, Tenten lifted her gaze to the horizon that was dusted with a hint of pink, her chestnut eyes squinted a bit due to the strong light.

"I wonder how the girls are doing?" The brunette thoughts filled with worry for her friends. Usually, she would feel that way when it comes to Miki due to many factors. The girl may not be as advanced as herself nor Akane, but things could still turn out ok for her.

However, who she worried for most was Akane. She was well aware of the girl's reputation. If she had to summarize it, Akane's reputation wasn't so great from what she has seen.

In addition, Akane's teammates were well known too which for her friend's case isn't so good if this was a popularity contest. Akane wasn't well favoured at school and by many of her peers. She was an accomplice to some incidents that almost got her in trouble along with Akane and Miki in the mix.