Chapter 4 - Comfort

"If I could stop all of this for you I would." He whispered as you smiled weakly.

"Thank you Bucky." You whispered back, you collapsed onto his bed as you climbed under the blankets.

"Do you want me to leave you alone?" He asked awkwardly as you shook your head.

"No, you can come lay down as well." You said as you yawned. Bucky laid next to you as you rolled over and looked at him. He stared up at the ceiling as you looked around the room, there was a lot of things that were destroyed.

"When was the last time you slept?" You asked as he looked at you.

"Few days." He mumbled.

"You're afraid." You whispered as he nodded.

"I'll stay here while you sleep, so you don't have to wake up alone." You whispered as he smiled.

"That's sweet, b-but I get violent. I don't want to hurt you again." He said as he looked away.

"Bucky I can tell you're exhausted. Plus I have the shadows if you attack me again." You said as he looked at you.

"It's ok Bucky I promise. After all I've known you through a lot of universes." You said chuckling. He smiled a little as he strokes his hand over your face.

"Thank you." He whispered, you intertwined your hand with his as you closed your eyes and felt him move closer. You relaxed as you began falling asleep.

————

After a few hours you were cuddled into Bucky as you began to wake up. You watched as his face seemed so peaceful in his sleep. You heard a small knock at the door as you woke up to see Steve. You grabbed Bucky as you stared at him.

"Y/N it's ok I'm back to me." He said as he put his hands up. Bucky woke up as he saw Steve and placed his hand in front of you.

"It's ok Bucky it's me." Steve said as Bucky kept his hand on your leg.

"So did Wanda's tactic work?" You asked as you sat on the side of the bed.

"Yeah, she's working on Pietro right now." He said as you nodded.

"I'm sorry for all of this Steve." You said as you looked away.

"It's ok Y/N. None of this is your fault." He said as you smiled a little.

"When you said you could leave what did you mean? I thought you couldn't control it." He asked as you stood up.

"Well if I really want to leave I have to end my life." You said as Steve nodded sadly.

"You don't have to leave, we can sort all of this out." He replied as you smiled.

"I'll see you two downstairs." He said as you nodded. You turned to Bucky who was silently facing away from you.

"Hey it's ok." You whispered as he looked at you.

"Do you wanna stay here or come downstairs?" You asked softly.

"I'll come down stairs with you." He said as you smiled and kissed his cheek softly. He blushed and chuckled as he kissed your forehead in return, you smiled and took his hand heading down stairs. Everyone was gathered around Pietro who was passed out.

"Now for Tony." Wanda said as you walked down.

"I'll help with him." You said as Bucky took your hand.

"No, I don't want you going near him." Bucky said in a worried voice as he looked at you.

"I'll be alright Bucky." You whispered in return as he let your hand go and you followed Wanda down to the cells. You saw Tony as he growled at you, you smirked and scoffed.

"Oh shut it." You said as his eyes grew with anger.

"How dare you speak to me like that!" He shouted back as you chuckled.

"Can you do it while he's still in the cell?" You asked Wanda as she nodded and her hands began to glow.

"What do you think you are doing!?" He shouted as you just stood and smirked at him. He collapsed onto the ground as Wanda got to work. You heard a noise as you saw Bucky entering the room as he saw you and relaxed.

"I'm alright." You whispered as he smiled and hugged you.

"I'm sorry doll, I'm just scared of losing you." He whispered as you smiled a little.

"It's ok, I'm still here." You replied as you hugged him back. You watched as Wanda concentrated and Tony twitched a little in his sleep. After a few minutes Wanda fell back as you quickly rushed to her and caught her before she hit the floor.

"It's done." She whispered as she closed her eyes. You heard Tony groan as he woke up and Bucky let him out.

"What happened?" He asked.

"We can explain later, I need to get Wanda to her room." You said as he nodded and rubbed his head. You picked Wanda up with ease as you walked towards the elevator with Tony and Bucky behind you.

"Thank you Wanda." You whispered as you saw her smile a tiny bit. You headed to her room and gently laid her down as Pietro ran to you worrying over his sister.

"Is she ok!?" He shouted as you nodded.

"Yeah, she's fine. Can you stay with her?" You asked as he nodded.

"Of course." He replied as you smiled and left with Bucky and Tony.

"So anyone gonna explain what happened?" Tony asked as you headed for the main room.

"Somehow me being here reset your minds to different you's from different realities. It's never happened before." You explained as he nodded.

"I might need to look into this." He mumbled as the elevator opened and you all walked out. You sat on the couch as you sighed and relaxed.

"You ok?" Steve asked as you nodded and smiled as Bucky sat next to you. You rested your head on his shoulder as you closed your eyes softly.

"I've got you." Bucky whispered as he placed an arm around you.