Chapter 9 - Back and back again

You woke up and looked down to see bandages around yourself.

"I'm so sorry Bucky." You whispered as you looked up at the ceiling numbly.

"Y/N." You heard a voice say as you looked over at Thor.

"We need to find a way for me to leave so the real Y/N can come back." You mumbled as Thor sat beside you.

"And what will happen to you?" He asked as you chuckled dryly.

"I don't care." You whispered as Thor took hold of your hand.

"I care." He said as you looked over at him.

"Don't bother, I'll just leave." You muttered as he looked at you sadly.

"There has to be a way." He said as you stood up painfully.

"There is no way! I've tried for thousands of years!" You screamed as you held your side in pain. Thor came around and forced you to lay back down.

"Please calm down Y/N, you're going to hurt yourself." He said as you looked up at him.

"It hurts. I did it again, I let myself fall in love again. And I left him." You cried as Thor softly wiped away your tears.

"Is it Bucky?" Thor asked as you nodded.

"I heard you crying his name in your sleep." He muttered as you looked away from him.

"I know what it's like to lose someone, if you need to talk about it just know I'm here." He said as you smiled a little.

"Thank you." You whispered as he returned your smile.

"Y/N! I know you're here!" You heard Loki scream as you tried to get up but Thor gently stopped you.

"I'll handle him, you stay and rest. Guards make sure nothing happens to her." Thor said before he left. The guards stood around you as you laid back and tried to relax. Your mind wouldn't stop going back to Bucky and the team you had just left behind.

Suddenly the doors swung open as you looked up to see Loki entering.

"I don't care what it takes! I'm getting her back!" He screamed as he sent a blast of magic towards you.

"Loki wait!"

"You ok doll?" You heard a voice say, wait. That was Bucky's voice. Your eyes shot open as you looked up to see Bucky.

"Bucky! It's you!" You shouted as you hugged him and cried.

"It's ok doll I'm here." He whispered as he hugged you tightly.

"I left." You whispered as he pulled away and held your face in his hand.

"What do you mean?" He asked as you looked into his eyes.

"This has never happened I don't understand. I went to another universe, one with Loki. H-He must've sent me back here somehow. B-Bucky I was so scared, h-he hurt me and I just wanted you back." You muttered as you rambled on, Bucky kissed you gently as tears came to your eyes.

"Shh doll, I'm here." He whispered as you sobbed and hiccuped.

"I d-don't wanna go." You cried as he ran his hand through your hair.

"It's ok, just breathe." He whispered as you took in a deep breath.

"Tony! Oh my god!" You shouted as you jolted up out of bed, you hissed in pain as you looked down to see one of the wounds Loki had given you was still there.

"Weird." You muttered as Bucky looked at it.

"Jesus! What happened?" He asked as he grabbed a cloth and dabbed at it gently.

"I-It was from the other universe, t-this keeps getting weirder." You muttered as Bucky sat you down.

"Let me treat it." He said as he grabbed first aid supplies and came back.

"B-Bucky, I love you." You muttered as he looked up and smiled. He leaned in and kissed your forehead.

"I love you too." He whispered as you smiled. He gently began treating the wound. Once he was done he wrapped a bandage around your torso and placed your shirt back down.

"Let's go check on Tony." Bucky said as you nodded and followed him out of the room. You made your way out to the living room to see no one around. You walked into the elevator and made your way to the infirmary to see everyone surrounding a bed where Tony laid.

"Tony!" You shouted as you ran towards them, Steve stopped you as you looked up at him.

"It's ok, he's alright." He said as you looked at Tony's sleeping face.

"But shield wants the two of you in a cell until all of this dies down." Tony said as you groaned.

"Seriously! I've been in cells half my life!" You shouted as Tony began to stir.

"Y/N, I think it's best you go into a cell now." Steve said as you looked up at him in confusion.

"What about Bucky?" You asked as Steve grabbed you and dragged you out of the infirmary.

"Let's go." He muttered as you struggled.

"B-Bucky help!" You shouted as he just looked at you.

"Steve stop, what are you doing!?" Bucky shouted as he pulled you away from him.

"She's dangerous Bucky! Can't you see that!? You almost died!" Steve shouted as you saw tears well in his eyes.

"It's ok Buck, I'll go in a cell for now." You said as you squeezed his hand. You followed them down to the cells, where it all began. You stepped inside and smiled at Bucky as he placed his hand against the glass.

"I love you." He whispered as you smiled.

"I love you too." You whispered back as Steve glared at you.

"I'll try to sort it out with Shield, but even if you get out of that cell you won't be allowed to leave the tower." Steve said as you nodded.

"Thank you Steve."