Quiet Melodies

She chickened out.

Rachel sat down at a porch swing that laid in the backyard. The sun was beginning to set as she sighed to herself. She was meant to tell her mom, about everything. That she had a boyfriend, that she and Maya had a falling out, that she was hiding a lot from her.

The ex-magical girl laid so her body was on the seat and her legs were lopped over. She kicked  at air and sighed again.

"Why do you sound so sad? Don't tell me you're bummed out over not saying anything?" She nearly fell off of the swing.

"Ira!? Don't scare me like that..." he smiled softly at the bluenette's shocked expression. 

"Come on, I thought you were the most relaxed person I've ever met."

She rolled her eyes,"Then you must have met a lot of crazy people in your life if I'm considered 'chill' in your book..."

"What can I say?" He shrugged,"I thrive off chaos."

"Aren't you an edge lord..."

"Not as edgy as you were to your 'friends'," Ira smirked and sat down next to her. The two were silent as they rocked in the porch swing. Rachel kicked her feet and attacked Ira's,"Ow! What was that for?"

"Hush now Gregory. My mom will hear you."

Ira looked confused,"Gregory?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot you don't know much about meme culture..." She leaned over and bent her head on his shoulder. The sound of crickets began to surround the area,"it's so peaceful... why can't everyday be like this?"

"Who ever said it couldn't? One day it could be like this...Forever..." He wrapped an arm around the blue haired girl and let the peace take over. The creatures around them began to sing their songs, and through the open window, the blue haired adult smiled as she watched her daughter and future son-in-law sleep.

"Even if you avoided telling me, I would have found out anyways... at least you're happy now...."

End.

Sorry that you had to wait two months for that.