Amanda

I tug on the stupid blue dress as I watch myself in the mirror, my strawberry blonde hair is curl reaching mid back, framing my face.

"Look how pretty you look, I'll take you shopping next week before school opens", mom says as she unplugs the curling iron.

"Wow sis, you are finally looking like a girl", Jason laughs as he walks in my room, I shoot him a glare.

"Jason, is Tiffany coming?" Mom asks.

"She got to work tonight, but she said she'll swing by tomorrow for lunch", he replies.

"Good, our guest will be here soon so go get ready."

"But I already am", he look down at his jeans and green T shirt with converse on his feet.

"Not like that, go put on a dress pants and dress shirt", she orders.

"Why? It's not like we are going to a restaurant to eat or dining with the President", he rolls his eye.

"No, but its someone just as important", she shoos him.

"At least I'm heading back to New York soon, sophomore year here I come", he cheers as he leaves.

****

"Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Miller", our head maid greets our guest at the door. We are all standing on the staircase waiting their arrival, they all enter.

Mr and Mrs Miller with their two children, Henry Miller and Felicia Miller. 

They both got light brown hair but Henry has brown eyes and Felicia has sea green eyes.

"Welcome", dad walks down the stairs and greet them by shaking Mr. Miller's hand and kissing Mrs. Miller's her hand. Mom follows after but hugs Mrs. Miller and Felicia.

"These are all my children, Max, Jason, Kayden, Nathaniel, Daniel and Amanda", dad introduces us.

"Oh only one girl", Mrs. Miller smiles,"such pretty eyes too."

Henry couldn't stop stare at me and Felicia is eyeing Kayden. I see Max and Jason glaring at Henry who looks away when he sees their eyes on him.

"Dinner is ready", our maid announces and we all go to the dining room.

"Such a lovely house and the food smells great", Mrs. Miller compliments mom.

"Yes, our chef has been with us for fifteen years , dad says.

We all sit down around the large dining table, mom and dad sit facing each other follow by Mr. and Mrs. Miller on dad's side then Henry and Felicia.

I sit down between Max and Kayden which happens to be directly opposite Felcia and Henry, just great.

"So Amanda, what school do you attend?" Felicia asks as the salad is being pass around.

"Roosevelt High School", I reply.

"Isn't that a public school?" She makes a weird face expression.

"Yes, I went there and it's a great school", Kayden states and she blushes slightly.

Uh oh.

"Oh, I go to a private school", she says quietly.

"Felicia why don't you tell Amanda what universities you will be applying for next two falls", Mr. Miller adds.

"Well Yale, Harvard, Columbia or Princeton University but my sees are set on Harvard. I want to study business and help in dad's company or take over mom's fashion magazine company", she says.