Roman slowly made his way to his room stopping the moment he spotted the door open. Part of him really wanted to just go to sleep and ignore everything but seeing that little white box on the bed made him freeze up. Already? He ran a hand down his face as he lifted the box with a frown. 

How is it that he already had another box? Roman thought it was supposed to be a twelve days thing. Unless... Roman frowned as he opened the box to find a small bag. Unless, like with Patton's Christmas Carol, this F person changed how it worked. 

"Dreams... You used to make such beautiful ones. You'd create all these worlds and things for Thomas to fight until he won. It warmed my heart to see you so full of joy." Roman tensed as his hands shook. He could already see how this was going and he didn't like it one bit. "But after everything, all the joy just seems to be destroyed. Your task from me is simple and sweet. All you must do... is create one more dream."

"Ha...ha ha... ha." Roman stood there frozen in his spot as he shook terribly. He gripped the small bag tightly knowing exactly what it held. He wanted to chuck it. He wanted to take the small bag and dump its contents right down the toilet. Actually... That's exactly what he found himself about to do. 

Roman frowned as he made his way into his bathroom. He slowly but surely undid the bag tensing at the golden glow it held within it. Why this? Why this... Roman narrowed his eyes as he held the bag out over the toilet. Roman knew it was over. The moment they asked this of him he failed. He'd never find out who F is. He'd never figure out the purpose of this whole thing. He just didn't care. He can't do it. He just can't.

Roman watched as the bag tipped letting the sand trickle out of the bag in slow motion. It swirled around in the water as Roman just stood there. He couldn't do it. How could he ever create a dream for Thomas again when his own held nothing but fear? How could he give Thomas hope when his was long since gone? He couldn't do it... because he didn't know how to anymore.

"Roman?" Roman snapped up tossing the somewhat still filled bag onto the counter as he quickly straightened himself out. There was a stern knock on his door and he knew exactly who it was. "Roman, might I acquire a mo..."

"Yes, Logan?" Roman opened the door to find Logan standing there looking a bit confused. Roman just smiled to hide his fraying nerves as Logan cleared his throat.

"Roman... I just uh... I wanted to thank you properly." Roman's eyes narrowed as Logan smiled. "It's been a very long time since I've heard Patton laugh. I didn't realize the extent of just how much I missed it until I heard it again today." Logan' s eyes shined as he spoke. "I don't know how you did it but... I am extremely grateful, Roman. I really really am."

"Don't mention it, Lo." Roman jumped slightly as Logan took his hand. "Logan."

"I mean it, Roman. So whatever you want... I'm more than willing to do something for you." Roman sighed as he pulled his hand free. He laughed as he brushed Logan's hair back.

"Seriously, Lo. Don't worry about it. I'm good." Logan's eyes darkened as Roman hummed a bit. "However, I will hold you to that IOU." Logan nodded with a smirk.

"Alright then Ro. If you say so." Logan went to pull away when he spotted the open present and frowned. "Roman? Did you get another one?"

"What?" Roman's eyes went wide as he shifted so that he could block Logan's view. "No... That's an old one." Logan only narrowed his eyes as Roman's voice shook. "Forget it, Lo. Everything's fine."

"Roman, I told you I would help..."

"IT'S FINE, LOGAN!" Logan reeled back as Roman's eyes went pink making the princely one frown. "Look, I'm sorry I'm so... snappy. It's just..." Roman froze feeling Logan take his hands again.

"You don't have to apologize, Roman. I understand." Logan offered the broken side a soft smile as he tried his best to be supportive. "You lost a piece of you, Roman. You don't have to apologize for anything. If anyone should... It's me." Roman's eyes went wide as Logan's darkened. "After all... I couldn't... I was right there and I...I couldn't..."

"Stop." Roman's voice shook terribly as he gripped Logan's hand tight. "None of this is anyone's fault. I wouldn't even blame Colt considering how he reacted. The man is literally to blame but I can't even make myself hate him. It was no lie how much he cared for those two." Roman's expression darkened entirely as he shook his head. "I guess Virgil and Dee really did show him his worst fear. Who knew the idea of killing those two could cause such damage to the man?"

"Roman..." Logan frowned as he looked away with guilt in his eyes. "It's going to be ok. I am not going to push you or pressure you but... that Christmas carol, although resulted in a bad thing, did help me see what I was missing. And as much as I hate the pain it caused and the fact that I no longer have those boys... I am grateful Patton did it. Because if he didn't, I would still be that... mean old teacher who locked himself away for work that... was NOT more important than all of you."

"Is that your way of saying I shouldn't give up on this 12 Days Of Christmas thing?" Logan smiled sadly as he held Roman's hand softly. 

"It's my way of saying that even if it hurts there's a lesson you may need to learn." Roman frowned as Logan let go and backed up a bit. "Whatever path you go down is your decision to make just know that... It wasn't Patton that caused the blackout."

"What?" Logan's eyes softened seeing the shock in Roman. "What are you talking about? Patton was the one that..."

"The one that happened while at the Christmas tree... The one that made me snap back to how I was..." Roman's eyes narrowed as Logan looked away. "It was me. I was the target."

"Logan?" Logan just shook his head as he continued. 

"I was so scared and angry over what everything could have meant, I lashed out twice to Patton, pushed him away both times. I said such hurtful things he... He didn't cause the blackout that sent him away. I did... when I stopped doing the carol and reverted back to how I was, I ended up hurting Patton so much his guilt and sadness caused the blackout. It was the last straw and so they sent him to the dark realm."

"Logan it isn't your fault."

"I got so emotional over everything I couldn't do a thing to help. I still can't. Roman, I've tried." Roman froze up as Logan met his eyes again. The prince could see the desperation in them clear as day. "I try to this day to do something... anything to make it all right again. But every time I try, I get too emotional. He was like a son to me... they both were. I promised I would be there for them and I let them down."

"Logan..." Roman quickly took Logan's hands and he tensed up feeling them shake.

"I just don't want to end up losing you to." Roman smiled sadly as he nodded.

"You aren't going to, Lo. We're brothers right?" Logan laughed as he nodded before pulling his hands away. "Brothers by choice are stronger then brothers by blood."

"I love you, Roman." Roman was taken back by the sudden statement as Logan shifted a bit. "I don't say it often enough. And I don't think I... ever said it to them but... I do. You're all my family."

"Love you too, Bro. Now go be with Patton."