16

Roman ran all the way home only to freeze up the moment he walked in. His blood turned to ice as his eyes darted about. He was gone for an hour. Maybe 2 at most. How was that enough time to...

"Roman?" Roman jumped looking over to see Logan and Patton both standing there with this look in their eyes. "Do you happen to know..."

"OMG!" This shrieking voice filled the air as Remus fell from the balcony again with a large grin. "I thought you said you all weren't doing Christmas!" Patton's eyes went wide as his hand went to his chest. Remus was literally glowing with joy. The pure happiness Remus felt... Patton could to and it was enough to make the moral one tear up/ "You said you weren't decorating or anything but..."

"Are you ok, Patton?" Everyone froze as Patton started to cry, this soft smile filled his features as he nodded. Logan frowned as he pulled the moral one in only for Patton to laugh. 

"Yeah, I'm good. It's just... He's so happy." Remus narrowed his eyes in confusion as Patton giggled. "I haven't felt such pure joy in... so long."

"Of course I'm happy, look at this!" Remus jumped around giddy as can be as he gestured to everything. There were tinsel and garland literally everywhere. Snowflakes and bulbs hung from the ceiling. There were snowy table clothes and white fluffy rugs. Green and Red couch pillows and family pictures from past holidays up on the wall... There was even a giant Christmas tree completely decorated with a glass figurine on... Roman's eyes darkened and Patton immediately met his gaze before looking up and gasping.

"Virgil's figurine." Roman nodded as Logan sighed. "I thought you had that in his room."

"I did."

"It thought the key doesn't work."

"It doesn't."

"Than how is it..." Roman's eyes narrowed as his hands clenched making Logan stop.

"I don't know."

"Come now kiddo. Everything is going to be ok." Roman simply ignored everyone as he walked away. "Roman?"

"I have a task to do." That was all he said before literally kicking his door open to find another white box with a black bow sitting there on his bed, complete with envelope. "Of fucking course..." Roman grabbed the envelope tearing it open and pulling the card out as his eyes skimmed the paper. "I am so so very sorry to have to ask you to do this. But there is something you have forgotten. So I have to ask that you watch the video and reminisce. The very first part you had ever gotten. I told you this won't be easy and the next won't be either. But memories are very important I cannot stress this enough. I know you won't be so eager, but please watch it all, Love." Roman literally scowled at the card with annoyance. "If you're so sorry... WHY MAKE ME DO IT, TO BEGIN WITH?!"

"YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD VIRGIL!" Roman chucked the card only for it to fall at his feet and he just sighed as he sat on the bed. "Why the hell are they... Actually... You're watching me aren't you?" Roman yelled out to the empty black. "Why are you so adamant about this? The man who made this... He's dead. What good is any of this going to do? At the end of all this... I'll still be alone. He's gone. Virgil is gone. I don't want to..." The box shifted catching Roman's attention who deflated knowing he wouldn't be able to quit. He was stuck till it was over with. "Fine."

Roman already knew what it was. Well, he knew for the most part what it was. It was a video... He hadn't been expecting a tape though. That meant it was old and he certainly was not expecting what it was off.

"Thomas's first..." Roman's hands shook as he forced himself onto his feet. He took the tape with him as he made his way out into the living room. He didn't want to do it. He didn't want to watch it. He didn't want to see it at all. He did, however, know he didn't have a choice. 

Roman paused the moment he got to the living room. The sound of a soft voice filled his ears and he had to stop himself from freaking out. There in the living room singing along... or well trying to since he didn't know the lyrics, to Christmas songs on the radio was Remus. He danced around the room practically sparkling before he jumped and sat right below the tree. He rocked side to side with this beaming grin as he laughed and fell back like a child lost in his happiness. Roman didn't want to ruin it. Even still, Roman cleared his throat catching Remus by surprise who jumped up and freaked trying to backtrack.

"I wasn't doing anything. I was just laying down. I was tired. That's all just tired."

"Remus it's ok." Roman laughed as he held his hand out to hold Remus's. "We were all very big on Christmas. You should have to seen it. We had trees for nearly every room. Patton had a cookie display. We had this Christmas party every year." Remus's eyes shined as Roman sighed. "It just isn't the same because of what happened last year. No one, especially not me, is going to judge you for your desire to celebrate the holiday."

"It just... It feels wrong, RoRo." Remus hugged himself as he looked away. "It feels wrong to be so happy about a time that took so much. but... I can't help but be happy. I've never had this before. I can't even say I was with people. Colt had me running around so much... I was alone for pretty much my entire existence." Remus's eyes darkened as Roman frowned. "I never experienced the... sugar plums... just... just the smelly bums."

"It's ok, Remus." Roman pulled his brother in temporarily forgetting about the video. "You're with us now, that's all that matters. You're with us for Christmas." Remus laughed as he pulled away wiping the unshed tears from his face. 

"Yeah... Dad seemed happy I was happy at least." Roman's eyes shot wide as Remus quickly backtracked. "I mean Pat... I meant Patton."

"You said, Dad."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

"Remus, you called Patton dad." Remus cringed as Roman just beamed. "Oh my god, he is never going to let you go now. You just signed yourself over. You're now Patton's new kiddo."

"I'm confused."

"Don't be." Roman laughed as he just smiled at his brother. "All it means is you're family." Remus's eyes went wide as Roman nodded. "And once your family, you're never alone."