Part 1

With shaky hands I kept putting pressure on the oozing wound, but the crimson blood was still fully opposing my pleas, escaping his flesh. No matter how hard I tried, nothing could help me think straight anymore, as I found myself in a frantic state of mind.

"Please, stay with me!" I kept pleading, trying to keep his weak gaze on my distraught one. "Look at me, Damian, look at me! You need to say with me!" I wasn't fighting the tears anymore, I let them fall like a waterfall, sobbing like a little child.

What was I even trying to accomplish by screaming at him, thinking he had the ability to save himself in this situation. Yes, seeing him in this fragile state was incomprehensible to me, this wasn't the strong and assertive Damian I was so used to.

"Isabelle, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." he muttered with a tired and hoarse voice, finally releasing his last audible breath. His eyelids looked heavier and heavier, slowly closing down.

"No, you can't do this. Don't you dare leave me after everything we went through!" My bloodied hand caressed his disheveled hair, as reality began slowly but surely hitting me.

Was he leaving me? Again?

Out of the blue paramedics started surrounding us, chaotically screaming and tugging me away, but for some reason, everything remained chaotically silent in my mind. A physical force kept pulling me back, further away from him. All along, I didn't know what I was doing, everything happened so fast, but I was sure desperate screams and pleas continued leaving my mouth and before I knew it everything went black.

_______________________________________

A few months prior

A regular day, just like other days, life continues I guess. I sighed getting out of bed, dangling like an overcooked strand of spaghetti. I got up before my alarm even went off which always annoyed the hell out of me. It's 6 in the morning. And here my morning routine starts; I go to the bathroom, take a shower, eat breakfast while walking around naked, then get dressed.

"Shit." I noticed I was getting too comfy with my time. Can't be late for my job. 

Speaking of which, I hated my job since the very beginning. It was something that got me through life, but definitely not something I looked forward to be doing for the rest of my life.

At the end of the day I'm surrounded by people who complain 24/7, that resulted in me becoming the same.

I routinely do the same thing over and over again, from Monday to Friday, and repeat it the next week. With of course some work on the weekends, left for me by my dear colleagues.

You could also call me the failure of the family. 

My mother moved to Canada a long time ago. My brother being a successful, rich lawyer got married and has kids already. He lives a very careless life and with careless I mean, he doesn't seem to care about me, at all. Which I totally don't blame him for. He has his life and I have mine. Besides, I really wouldn't want to trouble him with my miserable self.

Both of them think I'm living a lavish lifestyle after graduating with the highest degree in marketing. They envision me as the independent businesswoman, I always chuckle at the thought. I wish I was. Sadly enough I'm just a 25 year old loser living to survive on her own, not a standout at all.

Surprisingly enough I did experience the rich and carefree lifestyle once before. For a very brief period I lived in London  in a beautiful apartment, surrounded by the rich. Living with one as well.

I met my ex during high school and instantly fell in love with him, like a big damn fool. But to every beautiful story comes an end, so he followed that routine and dumped me. Apparently I wasn't good enough for him, or that's what his rich parents thought.