part 11

"Where to first? The Eiffel tower? Oh, or Louvre? Omg, no the Notre-Dame!" I squealed out. 

"Calm down, it's just a quick tour, not Christmas." Damian snickered. 

"Well, today you're just like Santa, only not as fat or kind." 

"..." I finally shut him up. 

"So where to first?" I resumed with a grin. 

"We're closest to the Champs-Elysee right now, from there on we can visit the Eiffel tower." he looked at his watch and scoffed. Time to soften this hard knuckle.  

"Damian, thanks for doing this. I really appreciate it." I didn't mean it fully and that didn't earn me a thanks or a smile, but he changed his hard posture and guided the way. We eventually walked through the overly expensive shopping district. And I couldn't get over the luxury of it all. But I could care less about the shops. 

In the end the conversation mostly came from my end and honestly, I enjoyed it very much, not because he was silent, but because he was calm and surprisingly very kind. As always I didn't understand his actions or motives, but I learned that I had to make use of it instead of fighting the good things life was was offering me for once. 

Who knows how long I'll live, so I might as well enjoy the fun I'm offered. 

"You've been quite for way too long, looks like overthinking." Damian's distant voice brought me back to reality. A small confused frown graced his face as he spoke. I let out a small giggle. 

"Damian, you've been way more silent and besides, I'm really enjoying this walk."

"Me too." He blurted out, taking a sip of his ice coffee. 

"What?" I questioned. 

"... I like it when you're silent." his expression suddenly turned surprised as if he was saving himself from confrontation. 

I laughed now."I bet you do." 

"Anyway, we're almost there, you'll see the Eiffel Tower when we pass this building." he pointed towards the enormous building in front of us. My hands turned into fists out of excitement. I could sense him laugh and cringe at me inwardly, because he kept constantly eyeing me from the corners of his eyes. Him possibly thinking I'm an idiot didn't bother me at the moment. 

When we arrived at the place I was blown away by how big the tower actually was. 

"Happy now?" Damian said smirking. We decided to take the elevator to the top to get the complete view of the city, well I decided that. All together this experience made me ALMOST forget what happened in the past few days.  "Damian, can I take a picture please?" 

"You have no phone. How are you planning ..." he tried dismissing me, but I wanted a picture, then and there. "Please, please, please, just one pic. You can take it on your phone and send it to me when we get back." back home and hopefully back to normal. 

"Fine." he sighed and pulled out his phone. I  started posing with the beautiful view behind me, I'm posing for a picture my boss is taking of me, while I'm being held captive. Yeah, everything in life is possible I guess. 

"That's enough now, let's eat something before we leave." 

 "I can't digress on that of course." We chose a modest restaurant in the area and started browsing through the menu. It didn't help that everything was in French of course.

 "You order first." I said as the waiter neared our table. Damian chuckled and ordered for me as well, voicing the things I pointed out on the menu.