Part 10

"I hate you, I hate you" I whispered after his lips left mine. 

"No, you don't" he protested softly, how outrages. 

It was him who initiated the kiss, but at the same time it was I who deliberately responded. The moment his grip on me softened I jumped away from where I was laying, as far away as possible.

I'm a grown up woman for God's sake, how could I have given in to him this easily, after all the mental torture I endured?? 

I ran off to the bathroom and slammed the door shut, immediately locking myself up. 

I needed some time to recatch my breath and reprocess what happened. Meanwhile I sat my ass down on the toilet lid, grazing my lips with my fingertips that came in touch with his. Someone explain, what was I experiencing right now? Was this the all so famous Stockholm Syndrome. Because basically he was my captor. 

After a while I started thinking about what would happen next. Before this stupid kiss, our interaction was awkward and not so nice or enjoyable either. 

I couldn't continue sitting there and wait for him to knock on the door. That's when I turned on the shower to try and wash away some of those redundant thoughts. 

When I was done and ready to return to the room I was hoping he wasn't there. I don't know, it's his hotel, maybe he would get another room. 

As I opened the door I let out a shaky sigh, accumulating all of my strength to ignore him. 

I was wrong when I thought he maybe left the room. But he did switch from bed to couch. I went past the couch and silently crept into the warm sheets. Tomorrow would doubtfully be a difficult day.

----------------------------------------

That morning I got up earlier than expected, I could hardly sleep through the torturous night. Damian was still sound asleep on the couch. As I sat by the window doing nothing expect for being bored and staring outside, I could see his bare shoulder poking through the sheets, exposing a big part of his fleshy chest. If there was something I despised, it was hypocrisy and I possibly turned out to be the biggest hypocrite of them all. 

All of a sudden I noticed his phone lighting up, someone was calling him. It was on silent mode as it didn't wake Damian up from his sleep. 

Should I, or should I not? Wait what? Was I really contemplating on picking it up? How would I explain that to him afterwards? I was terrified of taking a risk and respond or call for help, because I doubt his friends are any different to him, besides, he obviously locks his phone. 

However, I was considering picking it up to listen to the person and gamble from that point on whether I should trust him or her with my life. 

As an excuse for picking up his phone, I could say I thought it was an important business call and he was vast asleep. Ultimately, I decided that if the caller kept persisting for another 10 seconds I would pick up. If not, I would ignore it and go on with my life. 

As I kept counting every passing second in my head, I unexpectedly reached 10. 

"Oh f$ck it." I rushed toward the phone on my tippy toes and swiped the green bar. The caller's name was Jacob, why did that name sound familiar though?

"Damian. I'm aware of the time difference, but that doesn't give you the right to ignore me. They've called from the hospital, Ana's been rushed to the ICU, but I need you to stay calm. Panicking won't help." I listened carefully to every word. Ana, the name I've heard before. The poor girl, whoever she was, it sounded like she was in severe danger.