Part 8

I woke up with a very suspicious feeling in the pit of my stomach, something in Damian's behavior seemed off. The whole morning he was practically letting me live in peace. No stupid remarks or degrading looks whatsoever, he even sat down and offered me to eat breakfast with him. Curiously I glanced at him from the corners of my eyes as he was casually eating and scrolling through his phone. 

"So, what's up with today?"I asked him out of the blue to break the long lasting silence. 

He quirked up an eyebrow and shoved another full plate towards me. "I'll tell you later, you should eat now." I decided to drop it and eat in peace while I still had the opportunity, who knew when he would turn into his tyrannic self again. 

"Mmmh, what's this? It's delicious." I continued devouring the strange looking pastry. Once it was fully in my mouth I looked up to reach for my glass. And I was practically in heaven, until I saw him staring at me in scrutiny. 

"What?" I scrunched back and now nervously took small gulps of the freshly squeezed orange juice. 

"You're eating like you've never eaten before." he chuckled. 

"I have a big appetite today. Also, I am eating this for the first time ever. What's it called? Can I get these back at home as well?" I rambled. 

"Those are Chouquettes." he said with his perfect French accent.

"So, do you speak French?" I asked him. "Yes." good conversation. Enough for today I guess. 

When we finished eating a maid came in to clean everything up, nodding politely when exiting. 

"People here are very nice. The woman from yesterday that brought me the suitcase, also the maid just now. I bet you can rest assured that business is in good hands in your absence." I chuckled lightly. 

"That's good to hear." he said. "Although, some could do a better job." he said scoffing. 

"Oh come on, learn to appreciate people's hustle." I frowned in disagreement. 

"Trust me, I appreciate what needs to be appreciated." 

"Here we go again." I mumbled and walked toward the suitcase to make it look like I was interested in an outfit change. He always somehow managed to get under my skin, even though there was not much to his statements. I mean, I only knew him as this hardhearted person, why am I still surprised. I saw him walk toward me, reaching for something in my suitcase. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" I felt like he was invading my privacy, again, even though he brought it. 

"Helping you out. Wear this today." he said, tossing me a dress and a blazer. 

"Excuse me, why should I wear something you're tossing right in my face."

"Because if you don't, I'll have to help you get in it myself. Do you want that?" he said as he grinned. 

I let out a frustrated sigh and examined the clothes he chose for me. It was a sophisticated outfit and definitely something I'd wear.

"I thought so." he said and waved his hand dismissively at me. "Hurry up, we're leaving soon." he disappeared into the bathroom, I guess to freshen up. When I heard him turn on the shower head I assumed I would have enough time to get dressed quickly in there. 

As I was in the middle of changing into the dress the shower suddenly turned off and I started panicking. I was still in my bra, so I hastily put on the dress and turned around to face him when I heard the door open. 

"You're dressed already." hm, what? Was he hoping on catching me half naked? I scoffed and went on to put on my blazer. As I was reaching down for it, I suddenly felt warm fingers brush my bare back, sending shivers down my spine.