Part 6

Damian's POV

I carefully laid her down on my bed and took off her coat. Reaching into its pockets I found her phone and passport. Smart girl.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed I clasped my hands together and leaned forward, thinking of what I should do next. One of my enemies' sister was casually sleeping in my bed. Things were obviously not going as planned. Besides, who, other than me, would be after her? Did Manuel's circle of enemies grow even bigger?

I quickly dialed Jacob's number.

"Whose men were they?" I asked.

"I'll tell you, but promise me you will keep calm." as usual Jacob cautiously approached the situation.

"Just tell me what you know." I said impatiently.

"Everything leads to David Knight" Jacob uttered.

"Can't be. I killed him. You were there." I said shaking my head. I heard Jacob sigh.

"No, he got away and is still alive and well. Asides from that, he apparently lost Manuel's cooperation and now wants to have leverage over him by getting his hands on the only person currently available in the States."

"His younger sister." I glanced at Isabelle. So my enemies became enemies among themselves? This situation is something I can surely work with.

"Do you get it Damian? These people are still breathing. I think we failed her again, we failed Ana." Jacob sounded defeated.

"No, we won't fail her anymore, this is not the end. After all, we have what both of them want. I won't give up now, not until David and Manuel get what they deserve." My plan needed an update again, everything kept changing constantly.

"Listen to me. We will be in Paris tomorrow, our plans are not cancelled. I want you to take care of her apartment block. The place needs to be cleaned, tell our men to leave nothing behind that could involve the NYPD. Get rid of the dead bodies as soon as possible. Not 1 hair or fingerprint can leave those quarters."

"Got it" I hung up.

"Shit, shit, shit" I cursed while gripping my hair in frustration. David Knight, the source of my misery was still alive. I should have cut his throat when I had the chance instead of burning everything down.

A soft whimper caught my attention and brought me back to reality. Her eyebrows furrowed and her chest heaved up and down at a faster pace. She was clearly having a bad dream. I took her hand into mine, taking in the softness of her skin. Isabelle was supposed to be my pawn from the very beginning and I should keep it that way.

"Sshh, my hate for you will never vanish." I shushed and whispered into her ear. I was actually reassuring myself, to keep remembering who she was and what her family did to mine.

"I cannot even do the same things to you they did to my sister." my whispers seemed to calm her down. If she only knew what I was saying.

I quickly let go of her hand and got up. There was no more time to waste.

I called for my men. "We're departing now. Prepare the plane." they nodded and quickly got to work.

"Sir, the car is ready." I cautiously carried Isabelle into the car, trying to keep her asleep. After all she'd only be a nuisance if she woke up.

After only half an hour we got into the plane and were ready to depart. 

I have roughly 8 hours before landing in Paris and meeting with my uncle. A few hours of sleep couldn't harm. With Isabelle laying in front of me I slowly closed my eyes and slumbered into a deep sleep, trying to regain a little bit of energy.