part 2

On my way there I stared out the window and prayed I'd get something out of this evening. But I decided to enjoy it no matter what.

My anti-social ass hoped I'd enjoy it I mean. But getting nearer and nearer to the destination gave me anxiety. Once I arrived and paid the driver, I let out a small sigh staring at the people gathering around, talking and smiling. "Great, now what? " I thought out loud.

The building was beautiful and definitely filled with privileged people. Mixing with them would be difficult, nearly impossible, so instead of making an effort to communicate I decided to sit at the bar and wait.
"Hi. Can I have a soda please?" I asked the bartender.
"No wine?" a man next to me asked. "No, not today" I sounded dismissive, on purpose. Men in general made me nervous, and I can't give him any ambiguous ideas. Anyway, with my life experience, can you blame me?

So without looking at him I took my glass and stood up. I definitely needed to run, before he started a full conversation. Relieved that I got away, I started searching for my seat at the back, next to the reporters. I was minding my own business by sipping my drink and waiting for the thing to begin.

Little did I know that people were watching me. I mean, I really don't want to sound obnoxious, but do you know that feeling when you're sure someone is staring at you? I didn't have the balls to look around and find out who it was though. So I read through the folder that I found on my seat and ignored that feeling.

Finally a spokesman got on the podium and instructed everyone to get to their seats. The seat next to mine got taken by a gorgeous woman, who looked like a reporter, ready to take her notes.
"Hi, my name's Julie, nice to meet you." she said smiling widely at me.
"Hi, Julie nice to meet you too, my name is Isabelle" I said shaking her hand.

"Finally" she said.
"Huh?"
"Sorry, I've been here an hour already, so I'm effing bored" I smiled at her bluntness. "Why did you get here so early anyway?" I asked her.
"My boss, he's here with his business partners, I'm his secretary, aka, his maid, that's why." she sighed.

"Yeah, that sucks" I said, hoping she wouldn't ask me what I was doing there.
"So what do you do?" she asked still smiling. Well shit, I was hoping I wouldn't embarrass myself today, but here we go.

"I received an invitation, so I came, don't do anything in particular at the moment though." I said shaking my head and looking away slightly embarrassed.

"So you got here on your own free will? That's quite admirable" she said surprised. I laughed again. "Just thought I could do something more useful with my time you know. Plus, maybe a job opportunity that could turn my way here." she nodded and that's when the spokesperson made his announcement that they would finally start with their first speaker.

Surprisingly 40 minutes of pure knowledge went by, many people from various countries gave their take on many interesting topics. And I quite enjoyed them. The last person to present was announced. Right then I felt the urge to visit the restroom as fast as possible.

"Next, we have a very requested guest who'll talk about his personal rise to success, I introduce to you Mister Damian Romano" people started clapping and even Julie sat up straight. Damn, this Romano guy must be popular. But I had my own priorities at the moment, something else I was worrying about: my bladder that was on the verge of exploding.

Just when I wanted to get up a familiar looking man appeared in front of the crowd. I stared in awe. He looked so young, couldn't be older than 30, maybe late 20s? And he looked pretty dang good in that suite. He definately looked like he had a good life.

Just then and there I remembered I had to piss. So as silently as possible I got up from my seat, and walked away hunched over, trying to find the restroom.
Well, f€ck, where the f&ck was the f%cking toilet. I was getting VERY frustrated. Finally I saw the sign and ran for my dear life.
Exiting the toilet there were 2 men in black standing next to the men's bathroom. Timidly I walked past them, noticing them getting back to the hall behind me. Still don't like the feeling of people walking behind me. 'Oh shut up Isabella' I thought to myself, sometimes my weird thoughts feed my paranoia.