Part 7

Everything tasted so unimaginably delicious. Still enjoying cramming myself up I suddenly heard a knock on the door. "Must be the clothes." I thought out loudly. I brushed the breadcrumbs from the baguette off my  lap and leaped towards the door. "Coming!"

"Yes?" I timidly asked the young lady who was holding a small suitcase in her hand. A polite and welcoming smile was plastered on her face as she answered with a beautiful French accent. 

"Good day, Mademoiselle, I have brought you your belongings. I also added a few extra toiletries." She informed. 

"Thank you very much. That's very considerate of you!" I answered with a wide smile. She handed me the suitcase, and I started contemplating whether I should ask her for help. Before I could make myself beg for help she said:

"I hope you have a pleasant stay here and please contact us if you require anything else." 

"Uh yes, I will, thank you" Before closing the door I noticed the two guards. I scoffed at the thought of not being able to leave without his permission, the guy was unnecessarily weary of me. It's not like I could run away or anything, without a passport or money at hand I wouldn't be able to get far either. And although I knew something was off with Damian, I couldn't help but feel safer with him than without him, especially all alone in another country.

I eagerly moved to the sofa and started unpacking the suitcase. "I wonder who picked these." I thought out loud as I was examining the clothes.

"I did." Damian spoke with an indifferent voice, I turned around and saw the man standing with a towel wrapped around his waste.

"Excuse you, can't you wear a bathrobe." I started blushing.

"Didn't think of you as the shy type Miss Alverez." He sighed as he put on his bathrobe. "Who're you calling shy. It's just ... inappropriate." I nervously chuckled to get rid of the expanding warm feeling in my body. 

"Anyway, how come you know my size?" I asked him curiously as I held the orange dress in front of me. He looked at it and casually shrugged. "I don't. I just guessed, but I'm sure it will fit. Your body looks pretty average to me."

"What?!" the corner of my mouth twitched at his bluntness, I tried to shut up by biting my tongue, but he was testing my patience for real at the moment. 

"What a douche bag you can be." I mumbled under my breath. 

"I heard that."

Just as expected I saw him rummaging through his own suitcase as  he picked out an outfit, he didn't close the lock after finishing. Hm, suddenly the thought of going through his stuff entered my mind. From the corners of my eyes I saw Damian walk back into the bathroom with his clothes in his hands. Of course I wouldn't have the time to thoroughly search through it, however I had to take every slightest chance I had. 

The second he disappeared I jumped up and stormed towards it. Unsurprisingly for someone like him, everything was neatly folded and sorted into different compartments. 

Honestly, I didn't have any idea on where to start, so I randomly searched in every pocket and every fold I could find, but sadly to no avail. 

With a disappointed scowl I looked around the room and  suddenly noticed a large bag on the other side from where I was sitting, it looked like hand luggage, but how come I didn't notice it before? 

I sprinted toward it and quickly rummaged through that thing as well. On the verge of giving up I eventually caught a glimpse of a familiar phone case. Found it!

However my small moment of happiness was very short lived as I noticed the sim card was taken out. He took my card out! How was I supposed to contact anyone?! Before I knew it I heard the door handle move slightly, so I hastily put the phone back in place and jumped unto the bed that was nearby. My heart was palpitating and ready to jump out, but luckily I was on time.