C H A P T E R : F O U R T E E N

Kavya's pov

Kavya's pov

The day is finally here. My life is gonna change now. I will no longer be a single and independent. I know that I am dependent on Kabir. He has helped me financially and now I have to do my duty to marry him and be a good mother and a wife to him no matter what happens.

I am having wedding jitters. It's another feeling. I don't know that whether I should be happy or sad. I know it will not be easy but I have to be strong and don't lose hope.

I was wearing a red lehenga that we all girls selected and my mother's jewellery because it's a tradition in our family. All the girls were getting ready. The wedding was going to happen in the backyard of the villa which was totally changed as I could see it from my window.

 The wedding was going to happen in the backyard of the villa which was totally changed as I could see it from my window

There was a knock on the door and I turned around and saw my dad standing at the door.

"Wow, my baccha u r looking like a beautiful princess today." He praised me. I hugged him and he hugged me back. We both sat on the sofa.

"So finally my baby is getting married today. I can't believe it's happening. It feels just yesterday only I held u in my arms for the first time." He said looking in my eyes. I could feel that he was controlling himself from shedding a tear. He knew that if he will cry I will not able to get marry.

"I will miss u dad." And then a sob escaped my mouth.

"Baby I know it will not be easy. But I am sure u will be a good mother and even a good wife. If u both love each other then nothing can stop u ever remember that." I nodded.

I felt sad for lying to dad about us. We told him that we love each other a lot. And we want to get married and dad accepted it. It was not that easy because when he came to know that Kabir has a daughter from his previous marriage. He told me to rethink but I was adamant on getting married and dad said yes to us. And now here we are.

"Beta always remember one thing no matter how much u both fight but never take a wrong step in ur anger. Try to solve ur problems with calm mind because we human do make a mistake in our anger for which we have to pay for later in." I listen to him attentively and then we talked some more and then there was a knock on the door.