Chapter Twenty Five

• OUT NOW •On Wattpad and Radish

OUT NOW
On Wattpad and Radish

Word Count: 1750

~Abella

The door opens slowly.

Noah looks at me through the crack of the door, before he holds it open widely. I give him a tightly smile, stepping inside out of the rain that has just started to come down.

"I'm glad you came," he tells me lightly. Wiping the splattering of water from my hair, I swallow my pride. I'm here for many reasons. I want to hear him explain himself about what he said over a week ago, for one. Also, I want to talk to him about all the things that have been going on recently, since Cian obviously has his own strong opinions, and Sam will just panic.

"We really need to talk. I hope you're ready to be honest this time," I say coolly. Noah nods grimly, motioning for me to follow him. I do so, letting him lead me toward his living room, which is a change from all the times he's brought me into his dining room.

He looks at me over his shoulder. "I am. And I hope you will be too."

My stomach twists over, as we come into the living room. I take a seat on one of his leather couches, which is cold under my bare legs. I'm already uncomfortable, but this time I made the foolish decision to wear shorts in the rain. Thankfully, the sight of Noah sitting opposite me takes my mind of the feeling of my bare skin sticking to the surface.

"I'm assuming that expression means Cian told you more about me than you bargained for," I say uneasily. His mouth twists slightly, drawing my attention down to those full lips and perfectly refined jawline. For a mortal, he really does have a natural beauty.

"I know you're an immortal now," he admits with a dark tone that makes me shiver. My eyes close as an automatic reaction. "Do you want to tell me why it happened?"

My entire body freezes.

There's a pointed seriousness in his eyes that I haven't seen from him before. It's coming from a genuine place, like he cares about me how a married man would care for his partner. He's brooded over this since the meeting with Cian, and it's affected him greatly. Just thinking about that makes me shiver. How much does Noah care, despite hardly knowing me?

"You're not my close friend Noah, first of all," I say, trying to set up boundaries in case he really does feel like that. "But if you must know, I actually have no idea who did it, or why it happened. It was a powerful man who approached me and made me swallow a pill."

Explaining it only makes me more frustrated. Every time I go back in time to that moment, the man is a blurred figure, his dialogue strong in some places, weak in others.