Chapter Forty One

Word Count: 2080

¬Abella

Noah's second home here is utterly beautiful.

Tucked right at the edge of the same cliff as Stace's estate, it has an equally impressive view, even if it is slightly smaller. If I choose to be mated to only Noah, this could be my new life, where I live now. Even though it would be hard to move away from my friends, like Sam, I could manage, especially if it means a chance to start a new life in a place where I originally came from. Where I belong.

Noah leads me through the foyer and into an intimate living room, where he closes the door behind us. My senses are heightened, reacting to everything Noah does; even him brushing past me on the way to sit upon the chaise lounge at the end of the room has my skin erupting with tingles.

I'm not sure what has changed between us. Maybe it was the kiss, to push what had already been dwelling between us all this time into what this feeling is now.

I don't know what to do with this feeling.

"Does this make me a bad person?" I blurt out, standing in the middle of this dimly lit room, having no intentions to sit down near Noah in order to avoid these sinful thoughts that cloud my mind. He just looks so good, especially under the moonlight that streams through the rear window, dousing the floors and furnishings in white-gold.

"Does what?" I asks absently, sweeping his hair back in an unconcerned manner. He has such a gentle, calm air about him, even after his kiss. I wish I could sustain as much control as he does, as he has done through this entire experience of sharing me with Cian.

I swallow, but my throat is dry. Wordlessly, I come to sit down on the same couch as Noah, trying not to think too much about his scent, or the heat coming from his body.

It was so easy to kiss him. Now, I can hardly be normal around him.

"Wanting you?" I say carefully, unsure of how my words are going to resonate with him. He glances over at me, emerald green eyes glistening with feline excitement. Noah invited me here so we could talk more intimately, however, now we are here, the air is tense, and my skin is sensitive to any proximity to him. It must be the matebond which has had enough of us keeping away from each other.

He tilts his head, dark hair falling to his brow. "Do you want me?"

I look away, unable to hold his gaze. It's hard to know all the ways I want Noah, and not being able to act on it without thinking of Cian. he would be hurt by this, but either of them could be hurt by whatever my decision will be, or continue to be hurt by me not making my decision.

"I mean...I don't know yet," I admit. I don't want him to think I'm choosing him. I'm so close to deciding what I want, and right now, I don't want to ruin it.

"You can't put it off any longer, Abella," Noah murmurs, gliding ever so slightly closer to me on the couch, closing the gap until we our legs are almost touching. The connection between us seems to buzz and spark as if it's coming alive. "It's time to make you decision."

Loosening a breath, I look up at him, admiring his graceful features, warm eyes and full lips, which are unbelievably alluring. Looking down at them, I call upon the memory of our earlier kiss, and how it made me feel...and how I want to do it again.

"Kiss me," I say without thinking, not wanting to hold back any longer. If I'm going to find out who I want, I need to accept what I truly desire. And right now, that's Noah.

Noah smiles softly, obliging me.

Leaning forward, he softly grasps my chin, pulling me toward him gently until our lips meet. I'll never get over the feeling of kissing him, the taste of him. I'm not sure what my intentions are with kissing him again, in this intimate room, but I know that it's not to stop. I probably should, yet every inch of my being is begging to be near him.