Chapter Thirty Nine

Word Count: 1683

¬Abella

Stace and I arrived into the new realm around midday.

Thankfully, when I approached Noah with the news, he was skeptical, but not opposed to the idea of me going with Stace. He wants me to become comfortable with my home place, and if that means exploring with a man who I still struggle to trust, then so be it. I just hope this other realm isn't a dark, dangerous place with things I can't even begin to fathom.

Stace's way of transporting us to this other realm, was slightly complicated. According to him, getting from here to there, is dependent on the amount of magic you possess. Those with a lot can travel freely, but those who don't have any must rely on someone else.

That must have been how my parents did it.

Stace told me to close my eyes, hold his hand, and allow him to make the connection between realms. It was an uncomfortable process, but once we arrived, all the pain vanished.

The moment my eyes open, all my fears vanish.

We stand atop a balcony, the longest stretch of ocean expanding out in front of me. I've never been too accustomed with the sea, so seeing this has the breath rushing from my lungs. Salt lingers in the air, as I claps the balcony railing, peering down to have my entire mind reeling. In whatever building I'm in, is perched right on the edge of a massive cliff, which falls below to a coastline of rocks, white foam forming from each clash of the waves against the surface.

"This place is beautiful," I breath, looking left and right along the coast line. Beautiful villas sit bravely along the edge, each with an ivory surface, the roofs different shades of green and blue. Yet as I turn around, I realise Stace's estate is far more magnificent than the rest.

"Yes it is. This whole world is, for the most part," Stace comments from beside me. "Territory Two is predominantly made up of ocean and coastline."

Walking inside, I'm surprised at how little this place resembles Stace. When I look at him, I see a staunch leader, with dark tattoos, and an even darker sense of fashion. But this place is wonderfully light and open, with pearl coloured polished stone flooring that stretches out across a very breezy living area, furnished neatly and sparsely; just the right amount. I thought Noah had a beautiful home.

"Does each Territory have a King?" I question, motioning for Stace to keep the large glass doors open. The sea breeze that dances throughout the space is not something I'm used to. And in complete honesty, it feels like home.

Like it's meant to be.

"No. The leaders differ depending on the politics," Stace explains. "Take Territory One for example. Seven magical Nobles, all who lead equally."

I think that over in my head. Things here are far more different than I imagined, but instead of being frightened, I'm curious. This place has unexplored land, magic and people. Yet I shun down my excitement. I can't just give up on my old life yet.

"Strange, but I suppose it's similar to Alpha's leading their Packs," I murmur, my eyes draw to a particular spectacular panoply of paintings on the wall.

Stace follows my gaze. "This is a little different. We are creatures of Demonic origin. Although most people are merely mortals, us, with our abilities, are special. Magic isn't passed down through bloodlines, but created by the dormant Demonic gene in all of us. If it happens to mutate, we could be blessed, or cursed with powers."

The paintings before he show a range of people, covering most of the wall. Each person looks somewhat different to the other, but each stand in a regal position, staring blankly ahead. One of them is Stace, the look on his face making me shiver.