Chapter Thirty Six

Word Count: 1759

¬Abella

At first, I don't believe him.

"There is no other realm Cian. I know you hate people like me, but that doesn't mean you can taint my view of Noah," I tell him firmly. The sound of another realm sounds vaguely familiar, which I likely heard from Stace. But I refuse to believe that anything other than the world I've known actually exists. Especially no other place where there are people like me.

Cian looks frustrated, beginning a steady pace back in forth from where I sit. He looks like he is trying to figure out the best way to explain this to me, but I've already decided Cian is on a desperate sabotage mission, wanting to split Noah and I up as mates, to have me for himself.

"But there is. Me and a lot of other immortals have tried to ensure that was exists there, never comes out here. Now, Noah wants to take you there, away from me," Cian tells me.

"I would have assumed that's what you want."

Cian pauses his persistent pacing, looking at me with a vacant expression for a moment. Then, he walks a few steps toward me, kneeling down on one leg in front of me. Seeing Cian serious is always an unnerving sight, but the way he is looking at me now sends a shiver down my spine, all of Noah and Stace's words about the Sin's and Deamon's floods back.

"Do you really think I want to kill you?" he ask, tone softening to the point it's like honey. The concern in his eyes is real, and I know for sure that he doesn't have any intention to kill me. Yet the tense feeling in my stomach doesn't subside.

"You may not kill me, but your siblings will," I tell him.

He grabs my leg. "Don't you think I can protect you? They won't find out, and even if they did, I could protect you from them better than Noah can."

Just the thought of the other Sins sends my mind into dark places. Cian only acts the way he does around me because I'm his mate. Sin's are meant to be terrible, horrid people. Getting to know his siblings would be hard enough, even if I wasn't one of there biggest enemies. They would kill me the instant they had the opportunity, with no remorse.

"No one can protect me better than people who are actually like me," I tell him. I've never been around anyone like me, so I don't know how I would act with them, or if it would make me different from how I am now. "People you would kill, if I weren't tied to them."

Cian closes his eyes briefly. "Eradicating the Daemon's was necessary for the survival of this realm. But you were raised here, you're nothing like them. You have a chance to be normal, I can give you that."

I feel like that should offend me, but not knowing who I was for so long has numbed me.

"Being normal is being who I am," I explain. Trying to accept Cian for being a Sin has been difficult enough. Now maybe I'm starting to think we aren't compatible, even as mates. "And your version of normal is different to mine. You want me to be by your side, while you party, and gamble, and do any other thing Greed would do."

"I can change. I will change for you. Just don't go with Noah," he begs. He's turned from being convincing to being desperate. This is a sign I should believe him, that Stace is going to take me to the realm he rules, to separate me from Cian. If that's the plan, I don't know what to feel about it.

All I know for sure, is that I'm sick of no one telling me their plans. Noah and Cian lied to me for a long time, and now Cian wants me to himself, and Noah and Stace are plotting to take me elsewhere.

"I don't know what to do, Cian."

Moving up from where he was kneeling on the floor, he sits next to me, grabbing my hands in his. "You feel the bond between us. That won't go away until you choose who you want. If you chose me, we can be happy together, you can forget what you are."