Chapter Twenty Six

• OUT NOW •On Wattpad and Radish

OUT NOW
On Wattpad and Radish

Word Count: 1562

~Abella

I let the water run over me.

This past month has been a whirlwind, my entire life having been turned on its head. The only moment my life isn't insane, is when I'm sleeping, or standing in the shower, which I'm doing right now. Leaning back against the cool glass, I let the water run into my hair, washing away some of the tension in my shoulders and temples.

I'm an immortal now, yet I don't feel any different. I pinch my skin, and there's pain, I scratch an itch and it's satisfying. The only thing different as I feel as though I'm on a high, all my emotions heightened to the point I'm struck in constant jitters. Thankfully the hot water and steam floating around me are enough to have me relaxing for the first time in a while.

The sound of a door closing pulls me back away from the glass door, looking around through the steam that cloaks the bathroom for the source of the stand.

"Who's there?" I question warily into the air.

There's no answer. Instead, a figure emerges from the steam, right outside the door to the shower. The shock if black and gold hair and dark ebony eyes has me backing up until my back hits the other end. It's Cian, who stares at me through the veil of fog that has drifted up the glass, hopefully concealing most of my naked body which I cover with my hands and arms.

"Cian!" I shriek, gasping at the sight of his smile which only grows larger on his face. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I came to talk," he admits, brazening looking down at my body. I'm mortified. The last thing I expected was for my mate to come walking in here, when I hadn't heard from him since his meeting with Noah a few days ago.

I glower at him. "I'm showering...you creep."

He doesn't open the glass door, thankfully. His voice is muffled through it, but the layer of thick mist between us is a more appreciated barrier. Hopefully he can't see much, especially since my limbs can't cover everything on my body. Cian's wandering eyes don't help, considering he has no shame in letting me know visibly that he is assessing every bare inch of my exposed body.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm not bothered," he comments, smiling at me with that lazy, boyish smile. You would think that many years of life would teach an immortal common decency.

I roll my eyes. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to see how you are feeling," Cian admits, raising an eyebrow at me through the door. How about violated, or mortifyingly embarrassed. Does he do this to anyone he meets? "About this whole immortal thing."