Chapter Thirty Seven

Word Count: 1648

¬Abella

I can't help but be taken aback. Seriously?

If he thinks I belong to anyone, has a lot to catch up on. However, I don't speak on my thoughts, instead realising that this might be my only chance to get answers out of Stace about my future, and what he wants with me. So with a lasting glance at both Cian and Noah, I turn my attention to Stace letting the two settle into seats around us.

"You're a King," I say, tasting the word on my tongue. It's not a term I'm used to. In the mortal world, and immortal world, there are Alpha's, Luna's and Pureblood Immortals. They are the leaders. "What does that mean?"

"It means I rule over a portion of land in our home realm, called a Territory. I personally rule over Territory Two, an expanse of cliffs, beaches and ocean," he tells me.

I shiver uncomfortably.

"If you're a King, then what do you want with me?" I question, glancing at Noah, who stares at his feet. He mentioned to me once that he is protecting his kind, that we are still hunted here, by immortals like Cian. But if there is an entire territory, or more of people like me, I don't understand why he would put effort into me...or Noah.

Stace shifts, his leg bumping mine, reminding me I'm still pantless, underneath this covering. I don't care if Stace is on my side or not, he put me through enough for me to still not fully trust him. And the way he looks...it's frightening. Moving tattoos that stop just at his jawline, eyes like an open door, that if you dare look too far into, will shut you in.

"You're not like others from my Territory. As you know, you bleed purple, which is a trait of my people, or Territory Two. It's unusual...or should I say, heavily frowned upon to move territories. In some places, if you're found to bleed another colour, you're imprisoned.

I gape. "How many Territories are there?"

"Six in total. None that you need to make yourself familiar with, as you bleed purple, therefore you belong to Two," he tells me assuredly, the slightest hint of a smile on his face. It's a hint of patriotism for the land he rules over. It only heightens my curiosity about this place. It sounds so magical, a place born out of dreams.

"That doesn't answer my question. What do you want with me?" I ask him. I happen to look over at Cian, who stares at Stace with an obvious wrath.

"Magic in my realm is separated in the Higher and Lower Arts. One is to be born with magic, but it is more often than not, not inherited. Those with Higher abilities are rare; so much so, they usually become nobility of some kind, depending on the politics and law within that Territory," he explains.

"So?"

Stace looks toward Noah, as if wondering whether he should impart this information or not. I want to shake him, shake both of them. I don't want them to hold anything back from me, especially when this about me, and my future.

"Noah and I assume your birth family brought you to this realm to protect you. I can sense that you have abilities of the Higher Arts. Perhaps they were afraid for your future if anyone found this out, and brought you here, where people believe Daemons are extinct," Stace tells me grimly, waiting for a reaction that even he can't deal with.

But it hardly sinks in. I know my parents. I know the way I was raised; happy, fine. Maybe I wasn't wealthy, but that hardly mattered.

They are not like me. They do not bleed my colour.

Yet they weren't panicked. They never had answers they simply told me to keep it a secret.

They knew.