Chapter 21

Melon's POV

I watched my sister rush out the hospital room door and I automatically knew what she was up to. I looked at Colby worry probably covering my face as he simply nodded before leaving the room after her leaving it to just be me and Sam once again.

There was an awkward silence for around 10 minutes before I heard Sam let out a loud sigh causing me to look at him arching an eyebrow.

He gave me an "Fuck did I do that out loud?" kind of look causing me to laugh before shifting a little so I could face him better.

"What's on your mind Sammy?" I asked hoping I could help him somehow; I watched a small blush form on his cheeks probably because I called him Sammy which honestly was the cutest thing.

"Oh nothing...It's fine" he said with a force smile, then looking away from me so I couldn't look into his eyes.

"Sam please don't lie to me" I said, my voice sounding a little hurt, all I want is the best for Sam, he's sweet, kind and has a heart of gold whatever was bothering him I wanted to takeaway forever.

He let out a long sigh again before looking up at me, you could tell he was questioning himself in his head if he should just talk or not.

He bit his lip almost in a nervous way before clearing his throat and sitting up on the chair so his back was straight.

"It's just... I don't know... I mean....Fuck" he stutter getting annoyed at himself, he covered his face with his hands bringing his knees up clearly anxiety taking over as his body starts to shake.

I quickly moved over ignoring the rush of pain that went through my body, I moved Sam's hands away from his face making soothing noises trying to calm him down. He looks up and I see tears in his eyes which causes my heart to break.

I wiped the tears from his face our eyes locking then all of a sudden in a blink his lips were against mine. Kissing back, he placed his hands softly on my face causing me to close my eyes and get lost in the kiss. It felt magical, not like any other kiss I've had before. He bit my lip causing me to let out a small gasp causing him to deepen the kiss and I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

Was I really kissing Sam Golbach? wait was Sam Golbach really kissing me?

He pulled away causing me to open my eyes slowly and I could see a bright red blush across his cheeks causing me to also blush, whatever just happened I liked it and didn't want it to end.

"That's what's on my mind" he said biting his lip in a quite tone, almost like a child telling his first crush he liked them and I couldn't help but smile at how adorable he was being.

"Well Sam would it help if I?" I asked before connecting our lips together again causing a small gasp like moan to leave his body as I wrap my arms around his neck. I liked his bottom lip asking if I could deepen the kiss which he accepted and not caring about the amount of pain I was in I deepened the kiss more my hands finding his hair and pulling it causing him to let out another moan as his right hand gripped onto my thigh.

We all of a sudden heard footsteps coming towards my room so I quickly pulled away whimpering in pain as I did so causing Sam to grab me and help me lye back down as softly as possible.

I watched Cobly walk through the door with my sister who had blood all over her face, what did she do to herself? was her nose broken?

I went to open my mouth to question what on earth happened but all of a sudden Lizzie collapsed to the ground, lucky Colby grabbing her before she hit the floor causing me to scream. Sam quickly stood up hitting the red button that was placed beside my bed hoping it would get someone's attention to come to the room and luckily it worked and doctors rushed into my room, all I could do was cover my mouth with my hands and sob clueless to what happened and if my sister was okay.

I began to beg Colby to go with her as I didn't want her to be alone which he promised me he wouldn't leave her side and once again it was just me and Sam in my room but this time the mood was different as I continued to cry into my hands.
I felt a warm arm softly pull me towards them which I knew was Sam and without hesitation I rested my head on his chest crying so worried about Lizzie, he started to rock me back and forth telling me everything will be okay kissing my hair softly, soon enough I felt my eyes starting to get heavy as Sam still rocked me back and forth till everything went black.