Snatched

Hosuh laughed, holding his phone close to his ear. The glass was cold – so was the night, really – but it didn't stop him from flinching momentarily. Wrapped in a coat, two shirts and a scarf, Hosuh thought he was invincible to the sharp winds that tried to freeze him from the inside. Unfortunately, he was wrong.

"God, Hosuh! Twelve? In the night? Why?!" Stephen's voice shouted at the other end of the phone, crackling slightly as he raised his voice higher. Hosuh laughed again, twisting the plastic bag in his hand. It was full of noodle pots.

"I couldn't sleep..." Hosuh replied, grinning as Stephen sighed loudly. "Anyway, you are awake too, so..."

"Yes, but in the comforts of my own house!" Stephen retorted, and Hosuh could hear the wind rush past his friend's finger as he flipped him off at the other end of the line.

"Yeah, but you're still awake." Hosuh giggled as Stephen said "shut up Hosuh!"

"Jesus, it's dark!" Stephen countered. Hosuh let out a burst of laughter before it slipped into a surprised yelp. His leg caught on a stray stone, and he stumbled, the phone almost slipping from his hand. His noodles, however, weren't so lucky and tipped over the ground, sliding over the ice.

"Ah!" Hosuh yelled as he hit the floor on his side, wincing.

"Hosuh please don't tell me some creepy guy has taken you." Stephen's voice crackled, and Hosuh gave a short laugh.

"No...I just slipped..." he explained. Stephen laughed and Hosuh felt himself blush. "Hey! I lost my noodles!" He glanced hopelessly at the scattered noodle pots dotted around the alley, letting out a small groan.

"Oh no! Whatever shall you do?!" Stephen's voice was laced with sarcasm. Hosuh grabbed them plastic bag, beginning to gather the fallen pots.

"Hey! I will hang up on you if you mock my noodles!" Hosuh said, grunting as he reached out for the chicken and mushroom flavoured one. Stephen laughed again, his laughter ringing in Hosuh's ears and warming him up slightly.

Sadly that couldn't be said about his hands and feet, which (Hosuh was sure) were now ice. It would take at least an hour to defrost them.

"You wouldn't." Stephen replied lazily, and Hosuh smiled. "You like my beautiful voice to accompany you to your humble abode each time you decide to buy noodles from Walmart at midnight." He paused. "Wait, take that back it is now twenty minutes past midnight."

"What would I do without your voice Stephen?" Hosuh teased. He stood up, counting his noodles. There was still one missing. He huffed in annoyance, peering into the growing darkness.

"Die, I'd expect." Stephen replied within a beat. "Or at least get lost."

"I'm not that useless." Hosuh protested, walking further into the alley. Seriously, where was his noodle pot?

"I didn't say that." Stephen replied.

"Oh, what did you mean then?" Hosuh smiled as Stephen gave a low reply that Hosuh didn't catch. "What was that?"

He never heard Stephen's answer.

Pain burst in his leg and he collasped, dropping his phone onto the hard gravel. The sound of a gunshot came a second later to accompany the pain, and Hosuh tried to grab his phone in a panic.

Strong, rough hands grabbed him from behind as his fingers brushed the screen, pulling him from the ankles. Hosuh let out a scream as fingers dug into his bullet wound, kicking out desperately. He felt his foot contact with something hard and his attacker cursed, letting him go a fraction. Hosuh snatched his foot out of his grasp, calling out for his friend.