Sweet Silence 2

Stephen's eyes widened, and Hosuh guessed that he heard what he said. The purple-haired said something, but Hosuh shook his head, curling in on himself. His vision was beginning to spin again, a drowsiness fogging his brain, but he stubbornly kept his eyes open.

Strong arms wrapped around him and Hosuh jumped, blind panic taking hold of his actions for a millisecond, before he realised who it was and sank into the hug. He clutched Stephen's hoodie, trembling, and felt the purple-haired's vocal chords vibrate. He looked up, seeing that Stephen was looking down at him, his phone in the other hand.

Hosuh's head suddenly began to flare with pain, and he pressed himself against Stephen, making some kind of noise from his throat. The pain made spots appear over his vision, his stomach roll unpleasantly.

Stephen tapped Hosuh on the shoulder, but the thought of facing the fluorescent bathroom lights was sickening so he didn't react. The pain stayed and he let out what he assumed was quite a loud moan, because Stephen began shifting. His hands were trying to pry Hosuh from his hoodie. Hosuh didn't move, curling his hands tighter. The silence was getting to him and it seemed like Stephen was the only refuge – the only thing that was normal.

Something was pushed in Hosuh's hands, and Hosuh blearily looked down, staring at the words on the phone screen.

Hosuh, I'm going to call an ambulance once you are ready...please just stay calm, I'm sure everything will be fine.

What hurts? You sound like your in pain...is it your head?

I'm here, Hosuh. You're not alone now.

I'm here.

Hosuh began to cry, feeling Stephen's hold tighten. He didn't bother trying to type an answer, instead slowly nodding his head. The phone was gently plucked from his grip, and a hand stroked his cheek.

Hosuh leant against Stephen, feeling himself slowly get tugged from consciousness. His head pounded and he buried his head into Stephen's chest to try and escape the pain. His breath hitched and he closed his eyes, falling limply on Stephen's chest.

Hosuh wouldn't have woken up if there wasn't something itching on his head. The urge to scratch grew, and Hosuh lifted his hand, feeling his nails scrape against a material.

For a brief moment he thought he was back in his room, snuggled under the covers. He would wake up to look out of his window, switching on his beside lamp clumsily.

But the bed was too hard, the sheets were too itchy; there was no light shining from a window, and when Hosuh's hand moved automatically to turn on the lamp, there was no desk there.

And there was no sound.

Hosuh's eyes snapped open and he tried to sit up – however he only had to raise his head before becoming dizzy again, and fell against the pillows. Shakily, he looked around the white walls, staring at the large door in the corner. His mind slowly came up with a name for the place he was in: a hospital.

Hosuh's chest tightened as he held out his hands, clapping them. The slap stung his hands, but he heard nothing, not even his own heart. His hand moved to itch his head again, fingers trying to dig under the bandage.

It was then that he noticed the large window stretched across the wall opposite him, and the two people behind it.

One of them he recognised instantly as Stephen, and he automatically called out – the words caught in his throat when he realised he wasn't actually sure what he was saying; talking had been so easy before, but now he didn't know what sounds he was making, and could only imagine the slurred mess that was emitted.