Snatched 7

Hosuh woke up suddenly, feeling a sharp, stabbing pain all over his body. Though his eyes were open, it was still pitch black; usually he would be able to see the dark shape of the door, but there was nothing.

Nausea suddenly rolled in his stomach and he gagged, twisting onto his hands and knees painfully, retching. He hadn't eaten anything for days, so his stomach tightened, squeezing out stomach bile. Hosuh groaned, his head pounding, as he collapsed back to the floor. He couldn't even get the strength together to pull himself to the wall. Blood ran steadily down his arm, and his ankle throbbed – he was sure he didn't have much time left until he was beyond help, trapped in a coma.

Hosuh shuddered as his kidnapper's words echoed back to him, letting his head rest against the cool floorboards. It was then he noticed that something rubbed against his skin with the movement, and he automatically brought a trembling hand to his face. Cloth met his fingers and he let out a small gasp, feeling the material around his eyes. It was like a cruel blindfold, but when Hosuh felt where the knot should be, there was some kind of tape, blocking the tie. Hosuh whimpered, trying to pull the cloth away, but it was tied tight.

"No..." Hosuh moaned, feeling hot tears run down his face. He coughed, crying out as his ribs burned. Instead of the weak, sore coughs that he had previously experienced, these were hard, rough – Hosuh was reduced to a spluttering mess in a matter of seconds, trying desperately to hold off the breaths.

"Calm down..."

Hosuh jumped, recognising the voice instantly. His mind worked feverishly, bursting with questions – how long had he been here? He sobbed, pressing his back against the wall. The sheer terror of not being able to see settled in, and he began to shake, trying to claw the blindfold away from his face. But he felt drained, and his hand hung limply at his side. His muscles tensed as he heard footsteps slowly approach him, and a small chuckle from his right. He coughed again, listening.

Hands were suddenly on his waist, his face, his legs – there was more that one pair, he realised with a spike of fear.

There were more.

More men. More cruelty. More. And Hosuh screamed, feeling fingers hook his hip, forcing him to sit up. He cried out as his limbs moved, biting a hand that came to close to his face. There was a yell before he was hit hard, sending him flying to the other side of the room.

"Nice one you got here!"

"How long were you tracking this one?"

"Come here!"

There was at least three extra men in the room. One of them seized his broken ankle, gripping it tightly, as the others laughed. Hosuh didn't fight – he couldn't – as he was dragged closer to the hell he was going to endure. He felt their warm breath on his cheek and screamed again, pleading for some kind of help. Tears burned in his eyes as the hands began to tear off his shirt, others holding him down. Not that they needed too – the pain was beginning to become unbearable, making him lightheaded. Someone had ripped the blindfold from his face violently, but it didn't make a difference – Hosuh kept his eyes shut. His fever pulsed, replacing any sounds with white noise and he could feel himself slipping away.

So Hosuh didn't hear the loud, demanding bangs ringing throughout the house, or the booming yells coming from the upper floor. He didn't even notice the rough hands let go of him suddenly, the panicked shouts surrounding him, or even the last hits that were punched into his gut. But he did realise when it was silent, the door swinging noisily in front of him.

He was alone.

Hosuh rolled into his stomach, reaching out a trembling hand to the doorway, trying to grasp it in his hands. He screamed in frustration, trying to drag himself outside, not caring or questioning why or how it came to be. He just wanted to go outside, one last time, and breathe in the air. He saw himself suddenly finding the strength to run, dashing out into the sunlight, laughing. He saw himself seeing Stephen and Daniel waiting for him, joking as they always did. Stephen would say "told you we would get you." And Daniel would say "let's go back to my house, I've already set up a room for you."