Whispering Shadows (1)

Request by "Order" on AO3, who wanted Hosuh to become possessed by a magical object. I hope this is what they wanted :)
This will be three parts I think (I know there are more arcs than one shots in this book, but I plan to do more single ones soon, like a star gazing one or something)
Enjoy ;)

"Daniel, out of all the ideas you have came up with, this has to be the second to worst one." Stephen glared at Dan, pointing his staff at him. Hosuh watched as Daniel shrugged, pressing his hand against the smooth cave wall.

"When I was here yesterday there was an opening." He muttered in confusion. Hosuh sighed, shifting on one foot.

His morning was introduced with Daniel pulling off his blanket, Stephen in tow, babbling something about a treasure he wanted. Apparently, when he was investigating the new area they camped in (just outside a large cave), he had found a tunnel leading to this artefact he wanted to sell. Hosuh believed him at first, seeing as the tunnel was there, but now they were staring at a cave wall. Dan was known to be stuck in fantasy a lot, creating his own adventures whenever he was bored. This could've been one of those times.

"Maybe you imagined it." Hosuh suggested gently, fiddling with his wand. His hands were numb; unlike Stephen and Daniel, he hadn't thought to put gloves on before entering the cold cavern. He was beginning to regret it.

Thankfully, it wasn't as dark as it should be. Daniel's sword was glowing a bright blue – something that Hosuh hadn't seen from it before.

"Why is your sword glowing?" He decided to ask before Dan and Stephen could start to argue. Daniel looked down at the blade, blinking at it.

"I think that old wizard dude enchanted it to detect evil spirits after we saved his daughter." Daniel eventually replied, struggling with the memory.

"I still think that having a goblin dance off would have been more interesting." Stephen drawled. Hosuh giggled.

"You think so?"

"Yes. Yes I do."

"Enough about the goblins." Daniel interrupted. He threw his sword away from him in frustration.

To all of their surprise, the wall seemed to melt away, and Daniel fell forward with a yelp.

"That worked?" Stephen glanced at Daniel's sword before shrugging and stepping into the dark cavern. He held out his hand for Hosuh, but he stepped back hesitantly. He could feel something strange inside there, something unnatural.

"I don't think this is a good idea." The silver haired told them. His voice echoed along the cave walls eerily, making him shiver.

"Look at this Hosuh! It's awesome!" Daniel ran to the centre, waving his arms enthusiastically.

"Daniel don't –" Hosuh tried to say, but Stephen took his hand. His fingers weaved into his own.

"It's fine. We can protect ourselves if anything goes wrong." Stephen misunderstood his concern, his voice low and soothing. Hosuh shook his head.

"I just..." Hosuh couldn't fully explain why he didn't want to go further into the cave, or why his legs wanted to run far away from it. He clutched his wand tighter, unable to continue.

"It's fine. I promise nothing will happen." Stephen gently pulled him inside. The feeling only increased when his feet stood on the ground, however, and he stuck close to Stephen.

"You can't feel this?" Hosuh asked him. Stephen looked at him in surprise.

"Feel what?"

"Nothing." Hosuh sighed. "Forget I said anything."