Chapter 3: The Shadow

Dan walked down a park sidewalk, making his account. He found- he didn't have any matches, so he continued on his way. "Ugh... this'll be a while..." He groaned, sitting by a tree. In the distance, he saw a dark shadow-like thing moving across the park. At first, Dan didn't think much of it, but when it came close to a child playing in the sand- it seemed to shove the kid into the dirt, speeding away.

"Hey!" Dan exclaimed, following it.

He saw it run into a small opening near the sidewalk, not knowing what he was doing- he ran in with the shadow. He slid to a stop, not seeing anything in the darkness, a flickering light in the distance. What gave it away was when something hit the light, making whatever it was make a little yelp. "Nng!" It growled, a figure appearing insight. It seemed to be a girl. She wore a purple witch hat, purple crop top and skirt that reached close to her hips. She had long striped stockings paired with long striped sleeves. The girl had two fluffy ears on the side of her head, a small cat tail wipping the air. She looked at Dan, her eyes glow showing through his lashes. "I-I'm sorry... don't hurt me... I didn't mean to push the child..." She whispered, her voice echoing in the dark tunnel.

"Who... who are you?" He asked in awe her glowing eyes on him.

"T-Tsithema..." She replied.

•••♪♥♪•••

Hosuh and Stephen were watching TV when Dan came into the their apartment, making them turn off the TV and turn to him. He walked in slowly, motioning to the shadow at the door, "I'm sure their asleep- just try and stay quiet, ok?" He whispered, Tsithema walking in.

"I'm scared..." She whispered back, hiding behind Dan.

"It's ok- no ones gonna hurt you- just shut the door," Dan mumbled, sitting on a chair, "And you don't have to hide," he told her.

"A-and if your friends will hurt me?" Tsithema asked, slowly lowering herself to the hardwood floor.

She saw Dan sleepily hangup his jacket, Hosuh  whimpering, unsure who this person was- Stephen covered his mouth in panic as the witch's cat ear twitched, as her attention darted to the couch then back at Dan. "Tsithema, Imma go to bed- I'm sleepy," Dan mumbled, stretching and getting up.

"Wait! I heard something-" Tsithema mumbled, glancing over at the couch, where Stephen and Hosuh ducked.

"Don't worry, Tsithema- you can come with me upstairs," Dan groaned, walking to the stairs. "C'mon," he whispered, stretching.

Tsithema glanced over, seeing a strand of purple hair sticking up. She squinted before hovering off the ground- following Dan up to his room.

•••♪♥♪•••

Dan layed on the bed, sleepily shutting his eyes. That's when he heard his phone buzz. "Ugggh..." he groaned, pulling it out of his jacket pocket. "A match!" He sat up, opening the profile. "Jaiden.. That name sounds... Familiar..." Dan muttered.

"What is that?" Tsithema asked, leaning over to look at the screen.

"A... A match..." Dan mumbled, he decided to give in- opening a new message for 'Jaiden'- at first he just stared at the message box- then sighed, turning off his phone. "Nah- as if she'll actually answer... I'm not even worth her time..."

He dozed off, the phone on his chest. He then fell asleep- Tsithema carefully levitating the phone off- turning it on. She looked at 'Jaiden's' profile.

"More like she's not worth your time..."