Alex Runaway With Me

(Alex's POV)

"I know, just calm the fuck down!" I had to scream so she would have any chance of hearing me.

"Alex William Gaskarth don't tell me to calm the fuck down! You really think I'm going to act like everything is great when you just told me all of this?!" Lisa said obviously angry that I wasn't going to her family reunion because Jack and I had planned to go to the beach together for months.

"Lisa, seriously calm down. It's just a family reunion. Jack and I had planned this for months. Your family hates me anyway. I'm that cuntbag trying to pursue a career that will get me nowhere remember?!" I said hoping this would persuade her, but The memory of my first dinner at her parent's house caused anger to fill my body.

*flashback*

"Mom this is my boyfriend Alex." Lisa said waiting for her parents judgement to unfold. "and what does he do?" Her mother said suddenly seeming to need my life story.

"I am in a band with three other guys from our school. We're pretty good. We were invited to play in Pennsylvania in two weeks." I said quite proud of my accomplishment.

"A band member, eh? And where will that get you? Might want to practice your 'you want fries with that' voice instead of singing." her father said laughing. It wasn't funny. My band means the world to me.

"Maybe you shouldn't be such a cuntbag and get a real job." her mom added. Did she really just say cuntbag? Yes...she did...but that's not the problem. I'm 16...a real job? What am I supposed to marry Lisa?

"I think I'll just go, Lisa. It was...nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Rucco." I said and then stormed out.

*end of flashback*

"They just want the best for me Alex." Lisa said realizing he was still hurt from a night that happened 6 months ago.

"Well if they want the best for you, I'm obviously not it. Go out and find the next surgeon, you don't need to stay with me." I said not wanting to deal with this any longer and hung up. Look at that, the one and only Gaskarth is single. Ha, nothing I haven't dealt with before. She deserved it. Jack hates her anyway. Here we go. Jack is really the first person on my mind after I break up with my girlfriend? Well he does mean more to me than anyone...and I basically live at his house. Get it together Alex! I don't like Jack, I'm straight. He's been your best friend for years...

Maybe Jack felt the same way. He's never liked any of my girlfriends...no Jack is straight and so am I. "God damn it's cold." I pulled hood up and walked in some direction. Where am I going? It has to be better than going home. It's not like mom wants me there anyway. She'll just scream at me and then threaten to hit me. I'll walk out and go to Jack's. That's how it always works. Might as well save the trouble and go to Jack's. He hates when I come with new bruises. It hurts him but it's my fault. If I wasn't such a fag, maybe I wouldn't get hit...or if I wasn't happy. Jack wants us to run. I know he does, get out with Zach and Rian. We could make it, I know we could. I have a bag packed, but what would my mom do without me? She already lost one son...but she doesn't deserve happiness either. She has dad...that fucker won't stand up for me. He knows what she does to me. Suddenly I felt the cool ground hit my face. Did I just collapse? A cool, salty liquid started flowing down my face. I reached for something in my pocket. Where the hell is it?! My hands found the small cool metal. It dug into my skin and the tears stopped. Jack is going to kill me. I got up as I found a bandage in my jacket and covered the hideous bleeding thing. You deserve it. You deserve it. I told myself as I walked on. Maybe if I lie to myself enough, I'll believe it.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey Jacky!" I said happy to see he called me. I needed someone to get my mind off of things and he knew how.

"haha, hey Lex. You want to come over? I have pizza and don't feel like going to school."

"Sure! I'll bring the video games. You want me to tell Zach and Rian?" I said not wanting to go to school myself.

"Nah, they actually need to go to class today or they can't play on Friday." Jack said seeming to want to make excuses for them to be alone.

"ok, I'll be over in like 10 minutes." I said already ready to leave. It wasn't

unusual for me to go to school in what I went to bed in, so mom should give me too much hell.

"Well you seem in a hurry to get to school Alexander." she said as I grabbed my shoes.

"I'm tutoring someone." I said coldly hoping she'd leave me alone.

"No you want to fuck your girlfriend before school. Go, have fun, but I'm not raising your damn child." she said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Lisa and I broke up, you can insure I won't have any children..." did I really just say that? I must be kidding myself! I'm fucking straight!

---------------------------------------------