'It's not just a crush'-Carlos

Being the only female engineer on the team was hard, not everyone takes a woman seriously in this sport but the McLaren did treat if I was a girl at all I was the exact same as everyone else in the garage. 

I loved everything about my job, the team, traveling, friendship but the most are Carlos, he was the funniest guy I had ever met, every time I saw him, he just made me smile.I was lucky to work os his side of the garage, he didn't speak to me much only when he had to I want to know him, love him but I know that will never happen.

Race weekend in Spain came around quickly, all of Carlos family were here at the race, Carlos had only said a hand full of words to me. It was killing in me inside, he seemed so happy yo be with his family, he's smile was bigger than ever. Saturday was an extremely good day for the team and Carlos, he got p4 which the highest he's ever qualified all year, he had a good chance of scoring a podium. Carlos gave me a huge hug, my stomach was full of butterflies after all the excitement we went back to the hotel to get ready for the dinner that the team planned.

Walking into the restaurant everyone was talking away, then I saw Carlos sitting alone in the corner, I walked over to him as no one else had noticed that I had entered the room.

'Hey Carlos,you look lonely.'

'Maybe I am'

'Want some company then?'

'If you want to'

I sat beside and chatted for a good couple hours until some of the other engineers pulled on to the dance floor, soon I had forgotten about Carlos, I look over my shoulder to see him talking to some other team members.

I danced till my feet felt like they have died, I decided to walk outside to get some air,I walked outside and sat on a bench, then i heard a voice.

'You not cold there y/n'

'Carlos what are doing out here'

'Could ask you the same thing'

'Just needed some air'

All of a sudden he pulled me in to kiss me.