We can't be together -George Russel

Me and George had met late last year, one night in London, I gave him my number and we continued talking every day for a couple of months and started to meet up whenever he was free. Of course, quarantine stopped us from seeing each other, only days before lockdown began I have told George my true feelings, without even noticing we fell completely in love.
It was hard with lockdown and not seeing each other, George made me so happy just being in the same room as he made me happy, George would FaceTime me every day but then when racing started again, he would only text every couple of days.I knew George for him but never seen his racing side, but it was obvious that we started to spill away,I was happy and proud of him, he told me multiple times how hard the last season had been, and it made me smile knowing that Williams was doing better even if it wasn't always great for George.

For two weeks, I texted, called, tried to FaceTime but no response from him,it hurt while his life was going back to normal mine was still the same, university was finished for the year, many of my friends were on holiday or busy which lead to me getting pretty depressed,I thought for a while George actually cared but it seemed he replaced me for racing.

I stopped trying to contact him because it seemed like he obviously didn't want to talk,then one after nine I got a phone call for George,of course I picked it up.

"Hello y/n" he said in his British accent that never failed to make me melt "hey" I said not really sure what to say "I will be back in the uk in the next couple days, and I was wondering if you wanted to meet up" he said,it upset that after weeks of not talking to me he could just Call like nothing had happened "I'm actually busy the next couple weeks but I'll text you if I have a free day" I said trying to sound confident and not like I was lying. "I know your lying ,just telll me whats wrong " he said,I loved George but I coudlnt be togtheir if this was how he would be like "George we cant be together at least like this " I said as much as it hurt i knew it was the right thing I know I havent called you in weeks,but please just give me a second chance"