Tough times - Pierre Gasly

The last couple of weeks had been hard for both me and Pierre, not only had his house been robed but he also had to race at spa and face with the death of his best friend again. Lucky the weekend of the robber, I had decided to go back to the UK to see my family as I hadn't been able to since March, I was heartbroken when Pierre called me when he discovered that our home had been broken in to, some of Pierre watches and helmets had been taken alongside a couple of pieces of jewelry of mine. the jewelry wasn't worth but one of the necklaces had been a necklace Pierre had given me in Paris for our first anniversary. It was hard for me to not be able to return to France and help comfort Pierre but down to quarantine rules, I had to wait another week which by that time Pierre would be in Belgium.

Pierre decided to stay with his parents till our homes new security alarm and cameras were installed, Pierre was desperate to get his helmets back as they meant a lot to him and carried many memories with them. The days leading up to Spa Pierre was struggling, losing his best friend hurt me badly last year, I tried my best to comfort over facetime but I knew he was hiding how bad he was actually hurting deep down. Pierre had come up with the idea of making a special helmet for Antoine with Tonio, the number nineteen, and some pictures of him and Pierre. The helmet turned out beautiful just seeing it on facetime made me cry.

I woke up Thursday morning to see a text, Pierre saying good morning my mom amour, I call you when I can x it was about 10 am, I opened my social media the first photos I saw was of Pierre laying flowers where Antoine accident had happened last year, I couldn't see his face but I knew he was hurting. After the funeral, Pierre hadn't wanted to take it anything to do with Spa. I got out of bed and got ready for the day, as I had plans for the day.

My aunt had invited me out for lunch, I hadn't seen her since Christmas so it was nice to catch up with her, just as we were finishing lunch, my phone started to ring I looked down to see it was Pierre, I declined his call and sent him a message saying I was out but would be home soon and would call the minute I got home.

The minute I got back to my parent's house and got into my bedroom, I facetime Pierre his face applied on my screen, his eyes were red and puffy my heart broke knowing he had been crying. " Mon Ange," he said trying to smile, I could tell he was hurting badly. " Pierre," I said whispering, I felt my heart being broken into a million pieces " I wish you were here y/n," he said while his voice broke " me too ". We continued chatting for an hour until Pierre had to attend to his media duties.

I was extremely proud of Pierre, he didn't finish where we wanted to in the race but he drove extremely well. I know Tonio would be looking done smiling at how Pierre had performed. Pierre had raced his heart out for himself and as his girlfriend, I count be prouder.