Time of Dying

Bakugou woke up in his bed, his back aching from being in an awkward position. With a grunt, he pushed himself up, popping his spine. He glanced around the bed; pens and scribbled paper littered the bedsheet. If he had to guess, ink would be smudged all over his face.

He heard heavy footsteps and a knock was heard on his door. His fucking roommate. Kirishima was it? Yeah, Bakugou thought he was really annoying.

"Shut the fuck up and go away," he growled.

"Okay, grumpy," he called back way too happily. It's been a week since they've met and classes have already started, and yet Bakugou still was not used to him.

     'He's too fucking happy.'

"He's just a fake fuck that can't keep it in his pants. Ignore him," he mumbled to th air before throwing on some clothes. Unlike his high school, they didn't have uniforms unless he had PE or orchestra. Lucky for Katsuki, he didn't have either.

He threw on something black and tied his combat boots tight since they'd like to untie themselves and make a fool out of him from time to time.

He walked out, yawning and made a beeline towards the bathroom until a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Hey, me and my friends are going out tonight and Mina wants you to—"

"No." Bakugou didn't even let him finish before he slammed the door shut.

     'He so fucking dumb, how fake can he be?'

"A-Alright then..." Katsuki heard him mumble then sigh as his footsteps went to the door. While he rolled his eyes and reached for the knob, he overheard something else.

     "Man, I wonder if he'll ever let me be his friend."

Katsuki's heart leaped and his head snapped upward at the bathroom door. The click of the wood indicated Kirishima left for class and he stood there shocked.

'He...wants to be my...'

"No." He shook his head. "I'll never become friends with that loser. He's too happy go fucking lucky to not be fake. It'll only hurt you in the end Katsuki."

He splashed some water on his face and sighed. "I'm gonna be late."

Kirishima's POV:

"Kiri!" Mina ran up to the red head with a gleeful smile and jumped up and down in front of her friend. Kaminari and Sero followed suit with joyful expressions.

     "Hey guys!" Kirishima waved enthusiastically, excited to see his friends in such high spirits.

     "Wassup man?" Kaminari asked, bumping fist with him. Eijirou sighed.

     "I asked Bakugou. He said no." Kirishima pouted with Mina as the other two seemed relieved. "Man! He's so cold! He's always locked up in his room!"

     "He's a tough nut to crack," Mina compared with a smile. "But we'll get em next time right?"

     "That is if he doesn't kill me in my sleep," Kirishima whined. Then realized something and smiled. "Yo, he has great taste in music though! I heard him play some TØP in his room yesterday!" He beamed as the others lit up like stars.

     "No way really?!" Sero and Kaminari said excitedly. Kirishima nodded proudly as Mina rolled her eyes.

     "Who cares what music he likes?"

     "We do!" the boys said in unison, hanging up on a defeated Mina. She pinched in between her nose.

     "Of course, y'all are in the music," Mina slightly laughed. "Sometimes I forget you're a boy band."

     "Don't be like that! You're the one that refused our invite to the band!" Kaminari whined as he crossed his arms.

     "Hey, it's not my fault I have no musical talent! And besides! I don't feel like I'll be a part of the team! I need to engage in some sort of physical activity than sitting around all day thinking of words and getting cramps, thank you very much!" the pink haired girl said as she punched the air.

     "You can be our official backup dancer or something!" Kaminari whined.

     "Here we go again," Sero and Kirishima said as the other two argued.

     "How's the song coming along?" Sero asked, looking at him from the corner of his eye. Kirishima shrugged.

     "Nowhere. I can't think of anything to write about. I don't wanna write another one of those cheesy songs talking about love and shit. Actually, I have an idea, but I can't seem to put it to words."

     "What's the idea?"

     "As I said, I can't put it to words man," Kirishima deadpanned. Sero chuckled as he waved his hand.

     "Oh by the way, how's your boyfriend?" Sero furrowed his brows and Kirishima rolled his eyes, a pink exploding on his cheeks.

     "Saitawa? He's sweeter than ever man. I think our 1 year anniversary is coming up," he smiled. Sero faltered for a moment, giving him a look of pity in which the boy didn't notice. But the blond around the corner did.

     Sero clears his throat before he spoke. "Eijirou, you..." he sighed before turning away. "Nevermind." Kirishima blinked before smiling sheepishly and apologetically.

     "I don't know why you guys don't like him. He's always been sweet and never forced me into anything," Kirishima frowned, making Sero rubbed his temples.

     "I just don't want you to get hurt. I have a bad feeling about him," Sero mumbled softly. "But if you're happy I'm happy. What do you plan on doing?"

     Kirishima beamed as he started to talk about his plans for the upcoming anniversary.

     The blond around the corner clutched his text book as he let out a deep breath.

     'I guess I was wrong, I think.'

________________________________________

Comment what you think! <3

Published December 14 2019
Edited December 17 2022