Painkiller

"I didn't know you swung that way, shitty hair." The blond nudged his shoulder. Kirishima wiped his tears and looked away.

"Y-Yeah..." he looked down with a sheepish smiled. "Sorry if it's weird. But I've never been attracted to girls."

"It's cool. I've had gay friends before," Bakugou said, giving the redhead a tissue out of his bag. "Clean yourself up. I don't wanna walk around with a snot nosed loser." The blond stuffed his hands in his jean pockets and walked away, letting Eijirou think for a moment before catching up with him.

They mentally agreed to forget about the incident for now.

{~}

"Kiri! Come're!" Mina waved. It was only when Bakugou showed himself when Mina decided to go to them.

"Hey Mina," Kirishima greeted, taking her attention away from Katsuki. She gasped as a worried expression crossed he face.

"Oh my goodness Kiri what happened?! Were you crying?!" Kaminari and Sero followed up behind the girl and swiveled their heads to him.

"What happened Eijirou?!" Kaminari whined. The redhead played it off with a wave of a hand and a happy smile.

"I'm fine, just sneezed a little too much," he chuckled. Bakugou raised a brow at him but otherwise kept silent.

'Why's he lying to his friends?' He rolled his eyes and kept walking before he was hugged from behind. He whipped around to see Mina smiling dumbly up at him. Her unnatural pink complexion sparkling.

"Baku! Have lunch with us!" she giggled. He glared at her and he heard a couple of chuckles from her guy friends as well.

"Fuck no—"

"I'll pay man!" Kirishima said, "she's been bugging me for ages!"

"Please?" Kaminari and Sero said exhaustedly. Katsuki was speechless, so he rolled his eyes and mumbled a 'whatever' which made each of them light up like stars.

And that's how Bakugou found himself in this situation.

"Mina! Please?" Kaminari begged. Mina looked at him guiltily and shook her head.

"For the millionth time, Denki no. I don't have time to write songs for y'all, and besides," she winked at Kirishima, "Kiri's doing good! All four of his songs made it to top 45 on billboard! Y'all don't need me that much." The redhead scratched his neck and smiled.

"Thanks Mina."

"You guys suck though," Bakugou deadpanned. "Only 2 or three of your songs made sense to me. The others are like shit strewn together with scotch tape."

"Oh yeah, I meant to ask you," Kirishima grinned, "what songs? There are like 16 of them."

"Uh, something like Riot, Fallen Angel and Over and Over which was kinda good. The others sounded like any other pop song shit." The table stared at him with wide and happy eyes and Kirishima flushed an unusual shade of red. "What?"

     "Kiri wrote those!" Mina whisper-yelled. Bakugou raised a brow.

     "You mean to tell me that this dumbass idiot writes better songs than you?" Bakugou challenged, but she didn't seemed fazed and nodded happily.

     "Yep yep! I'm not musical so I just wrote words down on a page," she chuckled.

     "And those were in our latest album," Sero deadpanned, stuffing his plain face with rice. Mina tapped here chin before a lightbulb went off.

     "Oh! I forgot to ask!" Mina smiled sweetly. "How was your anniversary?"

     Kirishima coughed, choking on his drink at the sudden change in topic. He looked around panicked for a moment before he forced a smile on his face. Bakugou could tell he was trying to hide from his friends.

     "What exactly do you guys do?" Bakugou interrupted with his own question. He didn't know why he was covering for this idiot, but he did know that he was mentally incapable to talk about it right now.

     As if the question had never been asked, raccoon eyes started blabbering about dance and shit, dunce face and soy sauce jumping in every now and then. He could see the relief Kirishima had in his eyes and that alone made Katsuki want to smile.

     'I'm gettin to fucking soft.'

{~}

     It's been a week since Kirishima knocked the shit out of his ex and he'd still had yet to talk about his break up to his friends.

     But on the bright side, he had a new punching bag and Bakugou's surface pro came in which he modified to fit his personality better. He was going to write a song with his roomate now.

     Kirishima unlocked the door with a happy smile, which only turned into a chuckle when he saw two hot headed blonde people arguing in the kitchen.

     "Katsuki, you should've told us you were busy!" Mitsuki slapped him over the head and Masaru creased his brow.

"You old hag, I didn't expect you to show up outta nowhere!" Bakugou yelled back.

The mother and son growled at each other like wild animals while Masaru took notice of Kirishima and went up to him with a smile.

"Oh long time no see!" The two men shook hands and started a conversation.

Mitsuki smacked Katsuki's head once again and that's when she realized her husband and Kirishima talking happily with each other. "Oh, you're friend's here!" Bakugou rubbed his scalp and swiveled his eyes towards the two.

Kirishima was talking enthusiastically, like he'd known the man for years while his father laughed along with him. He's never seen a kid his age get along with adults so casually like he did.

Mitsuki smiled and joined the conversation, receiving a polite greeting from Kirishima as he went on and talked with his free hand. In a way, Katsuki was jealous of him. He's never been able to get along with anyone, not even his own parents.

With a sigh, he sipped on his juice box and stuffed a hand in his pocket before heading towards his room.

"Oh Bakugou!" Kirishima excused himself from his parents and skipped over to him with a box in his hand. "This came in the mail today, mind opening it for me?"

"Do it yourself," Bakugou snarled. Kirishima chuckled as he gave a smug smirk.

"Oh wow, you don't want your pro?"

Bakugou's eyes widened and he snatched the box labeled 'fragile' in big bold letters. He clicked his tongue before slipping in his room.

"You're an idiot but whatever." And with that he shut the door, trying not to imagine the sharp toothed smile that blinded his eyes.

He flopped on his messy bed full of papers and lost pens and tore open the box with a pocket knife he had in his desk drawer.

A metallic bronze tablet that had a white pen and an orange semi-transparent detachable keyboard graced his red irises. He picked it up and flipped it over to see multiple explosion designs and labeled 'BAKUGOU KATSUKI' in bold green letters. It was the coolest thing Bakugou had ever laid eyes on and he had to admit, Kirishima was just like Katsuki in taste.

His breath was caught in his throat and he turned it on to see a default background that was a landscape of green trees and a vast meadow. He chuckled at the major difference between the screen and backside.

"You son of a bitch Eijirou, I praise your mother."

________________________________________

Published December 17 2019
Edited December 17 2022