Brighter

Bakugou found it easy to fall into a conversation with Miss Kirishima. She was so easy going it was almost scary.

     Almost a full half hour had passed just talking to her, and if he was being honest, he liked her more than his own mother.

     "Ah, Eijirou is such a sweetheart, it's heartbreaking to see something so tragic happen to him." Miss Kirishima whined, making him frown and looked away.

     "I'm sorry, ma'am. It's partly my fault," he muttered regretfully. The woman tilted her head curiously like the redhead does. "It was my ex that stabbed him. What a...psycho she is. If only I had accepted her stupid invitation then—"

     "It's not your fault. If it wasn't him it'd surely be you in that hospital bed." Bakugou looked into those familiar ruby eyes and frowned.

     "But I could've gone with him—"

     "But you didn't. And that's okay!" She smiled brightly, showing off pearly whites. She had told him he got his sharp teeth from his father. "Don't dwell on something you can't change. You'll never be happy if you do." She poked him in the arm with her acrylic nail with a soft smile. Bakugou stared at her with shocked and glassy eyes.

     He could feel tears pooling at the corners and turned away with a sniffle. Miss Kirishima just smiled and ran her fingernails gently over his back. He broke and clutched his sweat pants at the knees.

     "I'm—I'm so fuck-hing sa-sorry!" He sobbed and the woman pulled him into a hug.

     "It's alright, Bakugou. Just let your emotions run free. You'll feel better once you do," she cooed lovingly. Bakugou gripped the back of her blouse and sobbed quietly into her shoulder. He's never felt so guilty, but his best friend almost died, he needed to get his feelings off of his chest somehow or else he might break.

"How come you're so calm?" he croaked, pulling away. She looked at him and smiled sheepishly.

"Because the doctor said he'd be okay. Of course I'm worried and a little on edge, but he's almost a grown man. He's strong." She flashed him a sunny smile which eased the knot in his stomach. "But he's still my son. And who knows, maybe he'll take this as a lesson like he has in the past."

Bakugou raised a brow and she sighed.

"He used to get bullied ya know? For being gay and a little weak. He was....sensitive for a while until he saw Mina save someone." She chuckled. "Ever since that day, he took it upon himself to change. I've always gave him my support and love while I was there." She dimmed a little. "I wasn't always there. That's my biggest regret as a mother. But I'm proud to call him my son!" She nodded and placed both of her hands on her hips.

"And I'm proud to call you my mom." Bakugou swiveled his head towards the smiling redhead. His eyes widened and he flushed an abnormal color before turning away.

     "Uhm, I'll be right back." Bakugou stood up and walked into the bathroom that was connected to the room. He looked at himself in the mirror and snarled. "Damn moron. Let your guard down once and you get all fucking mushy. Ducking gross." He splashed his face a bit with cold water and his face turned back to normal. He dried it off before walking out to see the Kirishima's talking and joking happily.

Bakugou sat in a chair next to him with a glare. The redhead turned to him with a smile and, despite him being in a hospital bed, slapped him upside the head.

     "Ow! Why'd you do that!?" Kirishima pouted as the blonde scoffed.

     "I told you to be careful around her you dunce!" Bakugou scolded, folding his arms. "I knew she was up to something but I didn't know she'd go psycho and try to kill you." Bakugou glared murderously at the window. "I'll kill her."

     Kirishima blinked before looking to his mom. "Didn't she get arrested though?" Bakugou swiveled his head his way with a raised brow.

     "Haah?"

"Yeah, she got tackled at the ice cream stand. I was still conscious to give a name and a description so she was found fairly easily." Bakugou let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Kirishima chuckled as he ruffled his blond hair. He blinked, surprised for a moment before laughing and messing it up.

     "Stop you shit head! Who said you could touch me?" Bakugou smacked his hand away, a pink tint flushing his pale skin. Kirishima giggled and smiled apologetically.

     "It's surprisingly soft." Bakugou's eyes widened before looking away.

     "Yeah cause its fucking natural, shitty hair," he mumbled quietly.

     "Alright sweetie, I have to go." The woman Bakugou forgot was there pecked Kirishima on the cheek and waved goodbye.

     "So, what did I miss?"

     "Two days of classes, dumbass."

{~}

     Kirishima was finally let out of the hospital. The knife was small and it didn't do any damage, but he had to get stitches so he needed to take it easy.

And despite that, he still did his regular work out routine.

Bakugou walked in his dorm room to hear the sound of grunting. And peeked info Eijirou's room and literally screamed of frustration, startling the redhead.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING YOU DUMBASS?!" He yanked the back of his white sweaty undershirt, breaking some stitching.

"Woah woah woah easy easy!" Kirishima whined. Bakugou glared harshly at him and threw down his back pack.

"I told you to stop fucking exercising when you're supposed to be healing, shitty hair!" Bakugou pinched in between his nose. "How many times do I have to," he started bonking the top of his head "Beat. It. Into. Your. Thick. Ass. Skull!"

"Okay! Okay! Stop hitting me! Not that it hurts but it's getting annoying!" Kirishima whimpered. Bakugou placed his hands on his slim waist like he was scolding a child.

"Now lift up your shirt." Kirishima swiveled his head towards him, his face as red as his hair. Bakugou seemed unfazed.

"Wha-Why?"

"I have to change your shitty sweaty bandages. Do you want it to get fucking infected and go back in the hospital?" Bakugou raised a brow, annoyed and Kirishima sighed defeatedly.

"I can do it myself you know," he mumbled, pulling the shirt over his head.

_______________________________________

Aight, haven't updated in a while, so...

Here ya go!! I hope you enjoyed!!

Published December 29 2019
Edited December 17 2022