Riot

Weeks had passed and everything seemed back to normal. Nothing interesting happened and Kirishima was fully healed, but something was bothering Bakugou.

     Kirishima acted like he didn't have a break down and was as happy as ever, even though he never told him what was wrong. Kirishima said that Bakugou knew him, but he doesn't. He reads Bakugou like a book yet never revealed his own pages. It was almost driving him insane.

     And Bakugou begged, no matter how much it hurt, his heart to let the feelings fade. That night where Kirishima held on to him for dear life broke the lock that was around his beating organ, and overflowed with all these feelings he hated to understand.

     Bakugou Katsuki fell, and was still falling. Parachutes were worthless because it felt like he was on Jupiter.

     Katsuki had never felt like this towards anyone. He might've not been his first love, but he's the love that made all of his past relationships irrelevant.

     Bakugou let his face fall into his hands. He could barely focus on the paper in front of him, but guess what it was about?

     What Inspires You to Be Happy With Yourself?

     And there was only one answer to that question.

     'Kirishima Eijirou...what the fuck have you done to me?'

{~}

     Katsuki threw his head back when the bell rang. He mentally thanked whatever inventor that created that thing before packing up his computer and walked out.

     His dorm was across campus, so he decided to take his time getting there. He buried his face in his scarf and enjoyed the peaceful surroundings. His feet carried him to the bench in which they officially became friends. The autumn leaves fell around him and the wind slightly ruffled his blond spikes. His expression softened and he plucked a leaf out from his hair.

     It was brown yet it had a more colorful personality than he did. There were spots of orange and yellow, and it reminded him of the redheads eyes: a ruby red with flecks of gold and blue.

     Bakugou let it flutter to the ground and continued walking, stumbling upon the place where Eijirou punched his ex. There was still a stain of dried blood present in the dirt, but it blended in with the dark brown. He remember that was when he became friends with his other friends who were just as lively as Kirishima.

     He continued to walk. He didn't know why he was visiting these places and remembering useless things. But everything about that shitty haired boy intrigued him and made his heart race.

     He wanted to be wrapped in his arms again.

     He wanted to write a song with him again.

     He wanted him to sing for him again.

     He wanted Kirishima Eijirou. And his heart wasn't gonna let these feelings fade.

     Bakugou sighed when he found himself at his dorm door, and slowly opened it. No one was here, and it made him slightly disappointed, but he swallowed it down and went to his room.

     He scoffed, and took his journal from his desk and started writing.

"I'm sinking inside
And the maps and lines are broken down tonight.
I swallow my pride
But we're drowning in the ocean and it's tearing my heart open..."

     Bakugou smiled to himself and continued scribbling down lyrics.

{~}

     Kirishima opened the door to the sound of blasting music. He recognized the song immediately and flushed a pink shade.

     The song was a sort of screamer song and he liked it a lot. It was probably his favorite song he's ever written and sang.

     The redhead dropped his bag near the coat rack and ventured deeper in the dorm room. He peeked in the little crack the door and the wall provided and saw Bakugou scribbling down an paper. His face was frustrated and he ripped the paper and threw it on the ground where little sass of white and grey were littered.

     Kirishima chuckled silently and observed him some more. He bared down on his paper and his grip was tight. He groaned with annoyance and snapped his mechanical pencil in half on accident.

     "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Bakugou threw the useless tool against the door and that's when he finally noticed the redhead trying to hold in his laugh back with his hand. His eyes widened as his face went red and Kirishima lost it. He fell on the floor and rolled away from the door so Bakugou wouldn't hit him with it when he came stomping out. He held his stomach as tears pooled in his eyes.

     "HAHAHAHA!" he laughed. Bakugou, just as he predicted, slammed open the door to reveal a gleeful roomate. He sat up, bending over his legs still holding his stomach as he tried to catch his breath.

     "What the hell are you laughing at shitty hair?! You try writing my essay!" Bakugou screamed, throwing a binder at him. The redhead caught it with his face and calmed down enough to read it.

     "Dude, this is the easiest question I've ever read!" Kirishima said shocked. Bakugou rolled his eyes and snatched the binder away with a glare.

     "Well you try being me," he muttered and stomped back to his room. He heard the music stop and a binder slap the desk in his room. Kirishima had long forgotten his laughter and filled with concern, so he decided to address it.

     "Hey Bakugou, are you okay?"

{~}

     Bakugou wanted so badly to say no. He wasn't okay, he was frustrated and in love. He was mad at himself for letting his guard down. All he did was hurt people, he hurt Deku, he hurt his parents, he hurt everyone he encountered. He even hurt Kirishima, who deserved nothing more than the world.

     He threw on a hoodie and some jeans and walked out, ignoring the redhead as he slipped on his tennis shoes. "I'm going for a walk," he muttered quietly as he grabbed his keys and slipped out of the door.

__________________________________________

No motivation check~ Ah

Published January 7 2020
Edited December 17 2022