Chalk Outline

Kirishima happily skipped down the sidewalk, a present for his boyfriend in hand. He wasn't able to see him on their anniversary like planned, so Kirishima is surprising him. He got him the game he's been wanting for a month now.

     The redhead hopped up the steps with a big smile and knocked.

     No answer.

     "Huh? He should be home already—"

     "Oh my god Saitawa, you need to stop being such a flirt! Don't you have a boyfriend?" He heard a voice scold. He turned around to see Saitawa and his friend, Rione, walking slowly around the corner. A smug smirk graced Saitawa's lips and Rione glared at him.

     "Yeah but he's a naive little kid. One of the only reasons I'm even dating him is because he's got money," the black haired traitor said. "He wont believe I'd cheat on him. He's way to gullible."

     "But—But you liked him at first right? What happened?" Rione looked at the door to see Kirishima standing there heartbroken. His eyes widened.

     "He got annoying real fast."

     Kirishima couldn't believe what he was hearing. Saitawa, the one he's been with for a little over a year, betrayed him? Faked liking him because he had money?

     "Wow Saitawa," Kirishima croaked, scratching the back of his neck. The black haired man swiveled his head towards the redhead, eyes panicked.

     "Wha—?—Wait Eijirou—"

     "I don't think I like you anymore," the redhead reached into the bag and pulled out the game. Saitawa's eyes squinted until he realized what he was about to do.

     "Eijirou w-wait!" But it was too late, the redhead threw it to the ground and stomped on it with a blank look on his face. "A-Are you stupid?! You just ruined a perfectly good game!"

     Kirishima glared at him. "You just ruined a once perfectly good heart." He picked up the broken game walked off the stairs and stood in front of him, furious red eyes making the raven haired boy gulp. "Happy anniversary bastard."

     He pushed the broken pieces into his chest as he walked away, heartbroken and angry, but Saitawa grabbed his wrist. "Wait Eijirou I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!"

     "Then why did you say it?" The redhead raised his brow challengingly, making him falter.

     "I-I love you!" Saitawa said with a pleading expression, but his eyes told him, 'I love your money!'

     "No you don't." Eijirou snatched his hand away. "Thanks for sticking up for me Rione, but I don't think we'll be seeing each other anytime soon." The silver haired boy looked at him with guilt but a small smile graced his face. Rione was always so sweet, Kirishima knew he was a good friend, but not good enough to tell him about Saitawa.

     "I-I understand. I'm sorry."

     Kirishima walked away, Saitawa running after him. "You're making a mistake!"

     Kirishima snorted as he turned around amused. "Yeah, and now I'm leaving it. Bye now." He waved cheerfully as he disappeared down the sidewalk. He held onto his heart. It hurt and he put the hood of his jacket up so he could cry in peace without anyone judging him.

     He couldn't find any words to describe what he was feeling, and was ashamed to call any of his friends to pick him up, so he walked.

     And walked.

     And walked.

{~}

     He opened the door to his dorm and closed it behind him. He flicked off his hood, exposing his flattened hair and hung up his jacket on the coat hanger and sighed.

     "You look like shit." Kirishima whipped around to see his roommate, Bakugou, in his baggy black sweats. His red irises widened a bit before he furrowed his brow annoyed. "What the fuck happened to you?"

     Kirishima tried to smile but it looked very forced and tired. "I-I'm fine. Just not feeling well," he lied and dropped his facade with a sigh.

     "Bullshit," Bakugou spat, crossing his arms. "It's obvious you're fucking depressed as hell." Kirishima glances at him then furrowed his own brows.

     "Why do you care all of a sudden?"

     Bakugou seemed to be caught off guard for a moment before sneering. "I don't. I just don't want a heavy atmosphere when I'm doing my fucking work. It's hella stressful." Kirishima frowned and walked passed him.

     "Well then, I'll be back to normal tomorrow," he muttered, walking into his room. The blonde stared wide eyed at the door.

Bakugou POV:

     Bakugou woke up the next day feeling drained. He looked at the clock and groaned.

     '3...2...1'

     But when he didn't hear anything he raised a brow. 'That's weird. Shitty hair would be banging on my door by no—'

     "Bakubro time for classes!" Kirishima yelled. A small smirk tugged at the corner of his lips and he rolled his eyes. Even though they weren't exactly friends, they were now tolerant of each other due to living together for a few weeks.

     "Yeah yeah, I'll be out in a minute," he called.

{~}

     Bakugou was sitting on a bench, writing down some words for a new song that came to his mind. He tapped the butt of his pen to his chin as he stared at the page indifferently. That is, until he felt spiky hair itch his ear. He glanced to see the red in the corner of his eye and he slammed his journal closed, jumping over a few feet startled.

     "Excuse the fuck outta me but who the hell gave you permission to stick your big ass nose in my business?!" Bakugou yelled furious. Kirishima blinked for a moment before a big ass smile forced his eyes to close.

     "Ahh, sorry man. I tried to get you attention but you were so focused so I wanted to know what you're doing," the redhead bowed apologetically before sitting next to him with happy eyes. "You're a writer? It seemed like you were writing a poem or something! You do literature right?"

     Bakugou shook his head before glaring at him, but he seemed unfazed. "Fuck no, dumbass I was writing a son—wait why should I tell you?!" Bakugou blushed as he gritted his teeth. As if the impossible became possible, Kirishima's eyes lit up even more like fire.

     "You were writing a song?! You're a songwriter?!" Bakugou raised a brow before crossing his arms, trying his best to seem unimpressed.

     "Fine, yes. What's it to you?" he spat. Eijirou jumped up with glee and ran around the bench to get some of his excitement out while Katsuki stared at him in disbelief. 'What the fuck is this guys deal?'

     "Oh man! Me too dude! I have a band!" Kirishima exclaimed and Bakugou thanked whatever god that was looking out for him because there was no one around to hear this idiot scream.

     "I bet it sucks," he deadpanned and Kirishima pouted.

     "Nuh uh! We wouldn't have over a million listeners if we did!" Kirishima pointed his finger accusingly. Bakugou spat out invisible water and he coughed a bit before looking at him with distasteful shock.

     "WHAT?!" Bakugou cleared his throat, clearly take aback by this fact. It didn't look like Kirishima was lying because he wouldn't answer that fast unless he knew it was a fact.

     How he knew this wasn't anyone's concern.

     "See!" Kirishima thrusted his phone into Bakugou's lap and he looked at it. It was opened to a streaming app's analytics and it showed that...

     "10.4 MILLION LISTENS?!" Bakugou was distraught. Was this dumbass really that talented? "That's way over a million fuckhead!"

     "But you believe me now right?" Bakugou sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

     "Well I have no choice now, stupid."

_________________________________________

Published December 14 2019
Edited December 17 2022