Wish You the Best

It's been a few weeks since Kirishima and Bakugou started their friendship.

     And for Eijirou, it had been getting harder and harder to act like he was okay.

     He still wasn't over Saitawa, and he knew it was useless to waste his energy on him, but that didn't stop insecurities and doubts bubbling up in the back of his mind.

     One day, the redhead just had enough of the sick thoughts in his head, so he decided to release all the bottled feelings in his heart by beating the crap out his punching bag for hours. Good thing Bakugou wasn't in the dorm. He had a class to attend.

     "Worthless! Piece of! Shit!" he yelled choppily as he imagined the item to be his now ex-boyfriend. He kicked it and kicked it and punched it and hit it and while doing so, he cried. He hasn't told anyone about his break up, not even Mina or Kaminari or Sero. He was ashamed he didn't take their advice and dump him while he still had an unbroken heart. He didn't even tell Bakugou or his friend Mochi either. He was too ashamed.

     He didn't even notice his punching bag had broken until he swung a leg and stumbled backwards because he missed. He panted heavily as he took in the situation. He lowered his sore fists and hung his head. He stood there for a good 3 minutes before he set the broken pieces next to the kitchen door so he could throw it away after he showered.

     He washed himself and brushed his red hair out of his face, looking at himself in the mirror he saw an empty and pathetic man. He sighed and got dressed in his underwear and shorts. He tossed his dirty clothes in the basket and walked out to see Bakugou just coming in the door.

     They locked eyes for a moment, Bakugou's eyes traveling up and down his body before he looked away.

     "Hey man! How was class?" Kirishima asked indifferent as he clutched the towel around his neck to keep his emotions in check. Bakugou's eyes went to the box in the kitchen and raised a brow.

     "What's that?" he asked, dropping his bag and opening the box. Eijirou blinked before smiling sheepishly.

     "Oh, uh, that's my punching bag. It broke."

     "Yeah I could tell. Did you bite it? Why the fuck is it so ripped?" Bakugou smirked. "Or were you—"

     "That's gross. Why would I fuck my punching bag?" Kirishima cringed as he picked up the box.

     "I dunno. You're ducking weird, shitty hair so I dunno what the hell to expect," he teased as he took out a cola from the fridge. "By the way, I found your cracksquad. Listened to a couple of shitty songs."

     Kirishima went ridged as he swallowed before chuckling awkwardly. "Ah, um, yeah. It's not everyone's cup of tea—"

     "The music isn't bad, but there were only two or three songs that actually had decent lyrics." Bakugou glared. "You wrote the songs right?"

     "Well, only four. Mina was our original songwriter but she had to leave cause of dance and shit. I'm not very good at it though." Kirishima scratched the back of his neck before an idea popped in his head. "Hey, I'm actually working on a song to write. But I can't seem to put it into words though." Bakugou squinted his eyes.

     "Nope. I'm not helping you," he deadpanned.

     "Please? I'll give you anything you want man!" Kirishima pleaded. Bakugou raised a brow and smirked very smugly.

     "Oh yeah? Buy me the latest surface pro and I'll think about it." He rolled his eyes with an amused chuckle. What he didn't expect was Kirishima to whip out his phone with a happy smile. "H-Hey what do you think you're doing?"

"Ordering a surface pro off Amazon," Kirishima eyes widened and groaned. "Man that's expensive."

"Well no shit Sherlock," Bakugou snapped before he grinned. "Well guess I won't—"

"It'll be here next week," Kirishima chirped, holding the phone up to Bakugou who stared at him like he was the biggest idiot in the world.

His eyes were the size of moons as he stared dumbfounded at the phone.

Surface Pro 7 with pen and magnetic key board: ¥206,000 (about $1,500)
Purchased
Will arrive on XX XX XXXX

"A-Are you fucking serious?!" Bakugou pushed the phone back to the confused redhead.

"Yeah. I really mean it. I need your help man," Kirishima seriously expressed as he placed his phone back in his pocket. "I'll be right back. I need to throw this out."

"Put on a shirt first dumbass," Bakugou blushed a bit then turned his back and sighed. He listen to the door open and close until he let his face bloom red. "I-I can't believe that idiot!"

The image of a shirtless guy with silky red hair and a white sharp smile plagued his dreams that night.

{~}

     Bakugou and Kirishima walked around the courtyard together, the happy redhead rambling about his life as a musician while Katsuki insulted him and nodded along nonchalantly. Everything was perfectly fine until an unwanted bastard jogged up to them.

     "Hey, Eiji!" Kirishima turned ridged as he looked back to see an attractive man with black hair and orange irises. In an instant, all progress that was made to get over him was gone.

     "What do you want Dishi?" he spat coldly. Bakugou stopped walking as soon as he heard his tone and looked back to see Kirishima's glare.

     "Aww, Don't be like that!" Saitawa snaked his arms around the his waist. "I missed you."

     "And I hate you. Let go," Eijirou warned, glaring murderously at the black haired boy.

     "Oh come on, you don't mean that!" he whined before he smile. "After all, I'm your—"

     "Ex-boyfriend. Did you not understand what 'bye' meant? Or do you I have to shove my foot up your ass?" Kirishima pinched his side and he let go with a whimper.

     "That's kinda hot Eiji. I've never seen you so aggressive before—"

     Kirishima swung, hitting him square in the jaw and knocking him in the grass. "Leave me alone! I don't want you near me you asshole!"

     Bakugou stared at Saitawa, at how a cut emerged from his cheek and a busted lip as well as a forming bruise. He worked his jaw, earning a crack and winced. Katsuki involuntary gulped and backed away.

     He looked at the redheads face and his eyes widened even more. It was flushed red as tears pooled in the corner of his eyes. His face was pained and heartbroken and the it finally clicked.

     Filled with rage and vengeance, he walked up to the pathetic loser on the ground who looked up with some sort of relief.

     "Did you see what that dick just did? He assaulted me out of nowhere!" he whined. Bakugou clicked his tongue and squat down with a murderous look even scarier than Kirishima's. Saitawa gulped.

     "If you breathe a word about what just happened, I'll reach down your throat and yank out your spine," he growled. Saitawa nodded and scrambled to his feet before booking it. Bakugou stood up and straightened himself out before making his way over to Kirishima.

_________________________________________

Published December 17 2019
Edited December 17 2022