A New Law

Hermione,Harry and Ron made their way into the Great hall and Sat down at the Gryffindor table.They had just got off the Hogwarts Express.Ginny,Dean And Seamus joined them soon. "Looks Like only half Came Back"Seamus Said. "Including The Slytherins"Dean Added.They all Rolled their eyes. "That's not the problem though"Hermione Said And they all looked at her. "You call the Slytherins coming back as not a problem?"Ginny Asked. "I mean it's not the biggest problem,did you guys read your Hogwarts letter?"Hermione Asked. "Oh ya,they said there's a new law"Harry said. "Exactly,If They told us and not the Daily Prophet,It has to be important" She Said. "What could it be?"Ron Asked. "It could be anything really"Dean Said.At that moment First years Came in through the doors.The new comers all gasped as they looked around.

The Slytherins entered and sat down.Most of the Hall was glaring at them. "I told Mother this was a bad idea"Draco scoffed. "Don't worry about it Draco"Pansy said with a roll of her eyes. "Just relax"She Said. "You try being the most hated person here"Draco said. "We're all equally hated if it makes you feel any better"Blaise Said. "When I call your name,come and sit on the stool"They heard McGonagall say.

The sorting finished and she went to her rightful place as headmistress. "Welcome back students"She said aloud. "I'm glad to see some familiar faces and lots of new ones.But before a make a speech,I'd like to have a moment of silence for the ones we lost during this war"She added.The lights dimmed and Everyone went quiet.There were a few muffled Cries but other then that,everything was silent. The lights went back to their normal bright light and McGonagall spoke. "As always the forbidden forest is forbidden and no students under 3rd year is aloud to go to Hogsmead without a permission form.Now The feast,enjoy"She clapped her hands and the food appeared. "Finally!"Ron Said as he started piling food onto his plate.Hermione and Ginny glanced at each other as Ron ate and said at the same time, "disgusting". "They haven't mentioned the law" Dean Said. "Probably waiting for the end of the feast"Ginny said.

They finished eating and McGonagall stood up. "The feast is finished,prefects,please take the first years to their dorms.6th and 7th years,Stay behind"She said.There was muttering before students stood up and left.After everyone left,Kingsley entered along with Two people in ministry robes. "Is that Kingsley?"Ron Asked And They Nodded. "He's gonna Tell us about the law"Hermione Said.Kingsley stood up at the front and looked around at them all. "I am here to announce the new law"He said.The students glanced around at each other. "It's a Marriage law"He added slowly.There was a moment of silence before everyone,even Luna,Started protesting

"That's not fair!"

"You can't do that!"

"We just finished a War!"

"QUIET!"McGonagall Yelled,startling everyone And they fell silent. "You have no choice,Me and the staff have been protesting against this for the whole summer,but the minister has made his mind.They've chosen the pairings and will be called 5 at a time.You will be sharing a living space with the other four and your partner.When your name is called, please wait outside in the hall"She Said. Everyone in the room was glaring at either her or Kingsley.One Of The Ministry workers pulled out a list and cleared his throat. "First Pairing is Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley"He said.Ginny and Harry got up and left the Hall. "Next pairing is Ron Weasley and Pansy Parkinson". "WHAT!" Pansy Yelled from across the room. "You Heard clearly Ms.Parkinson"Kingsley Said. "And What If I don't marry him"She asked loudly. "Than your wand will be snapped"He said.Pansy stormed out of the Great hall.Ron glanced at Hermione And Left. "Blaise Zabini and Luna Lovegood".They Heard Blaise groan as Luna walked out of the Great hall and he followed. "Theodore Nott And Astoria Greengrass".The two got up and left. "Last pairing is Draco Malfoy And Hermione Granger". Everyone gasped.Hermione was frozen in her seat. "What"Was All she managed to say. "There has to be a mistake"Draco Said a few seconds later from the other side of the hall. "Ms.Granger, Mr.Malfoy, Go join the rest" Kingsley Said.Both Hesitated to get up and leave.